A question for those leveling with a partner

LeandraNyx

My husband and I are planning to level a pair of characters together -- I'm going Agent and he's going Inquisitor. The only thing I'm concerned about is losing opportunities to gain affection from my companions in the opportunities when I lose the social roll. Actually, do companions even talk in cutscenes when you're leveling with someone? I'd be sad if they didn't. So my question is -- does anyone know if affection points act like light/dark side points in a group, where you get the points even if your response isn't chosen?

It's not a big deal if we have to do our conversations separately in order to get the convos/points with companions; just curious.

I'm not 100% sure on this but I think you still get the companion affection benefits based on what you wanted to say in the conversations.

This functions, I think, in the same way that the Light Side / Dark Side point gain works (that is, you get what you RP for, not what the roll-winner chose to say.)

Yes all of your choices still affect you as if you made them, you are only rolling to see if you get more social points for winning the roll and to see who gets the cut scene answer.

I Duo with my wife as well... all is good :)

My husband and I are planning to level a pair of characters together -- I'm going Agent and he's going Inquisitor. The only thing I'm concerned about is losing opportunities to gain affection from my companions in the opportunities when I lose the social roll. Actually, do companions even talk in cutscenes when you're leveling with someone? I'd be sad if they didn't. So my question is -- does anyone know if affection points act like light/dark side points in a group, where you get the points even if your response isn't chosen?

It's not a big deal if we have to do our conversations separately in order to get the convos/points with companions; just curious.

Shouldn't your roles be the other way around? He is the healer? Progressive, woman takes the lead. Or maybe you're both dps.

Edited by Justinjedi