The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Powertech Tanking question.

XFrOzEnX

Hello all. So I just started tanking for my guild was a DPS b4 and just have a few questions to make sure I'm on the right path. I have

42% Absorb

41% Shield

52% Dmg Reduc

16% Defense

20665 health with BH buff and stim

18750 without.

My question is that good enough for hard modes? I tanked Jarg tonight and I just noticed alot of Spike dmg. We had interrupts going on unload so I don't believe that was the problem. I dunno it just felt spikey. Am I just worrying about nothing? I have all columi except for one implant which is lvl 49 and Rakata helm and lvl 49 Main hand. Also is it worth taking out the enhancement on the Rakata helm and replacing it with something that doesnt have accuracy on it?

lol im at 109% tech accuracy. I'd lose like 5 absorb rating and 14 endurance but would gain Shield Rating instead of accuracy.

Thanks I appreciate any input.

:D

Edited by XFrOzEnX

I understand that your SR/SA/DR should be about 50% as ideal. bit more or less depending on gear.

other than that just learining the fights and getting your rotation down. we have a limited rotation so it's realy not that much of an issues as long as you use Power Punch and rail shot, that's your bread and butter there.

good post on that is here

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=370807

and for stats, which was shown to me is here

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=294697

Edited by Profaniti

Those the goals to strive for right now, and once you hit 50% you hit a relative brick wall of diminishing returns.

Note that in 1.2 on the PTS, we lose some shield and absorb through talents natively, but can gain back absorb with a slight priority change in your rotation. The shield chance is gone entirely and will have to be made back up in augments, new gear, etc.