Help me understand these Arsenal changes...

Toogeloo

Power Shot and Tracer Missile both get reduced heat costs now, instead of 25 heat are both 16 Heat. They have had their cast times increased to 2 seconds, up from 1.5 seconds. Both skills are taking a 10% drop in damage.

Muzzle Fluting will no longer reduce heat of Power Shot and Tracer Missile from 25 to 16. Instead it will reduce their cast time to 1.5 seconds.

So before, we have two abilities that when talented cost 16 heat and cast at 1.5 second speed. Now we have two abilites that when talented cost 16 heat and cast at 1.5 second speed, and are also reduced by 10% damage.

So the only real change is the drop in 10% damage... why change Muzzle Fluting at all?

Edited by Toogeloo

They wanted to make Power shot/Tracer Missile damage dependent on going up the appropriate trees for those abilities. Mostly to prevent a fully heal specced Merc/Commando from hitting like an arsenal with those abilities. Thus longer cast time.

They wanted to make Power shot/Tracer Missile damage dependent on going up the appropriate trees for those abilities. Mostly to prevent a fully heal specced Merc/Commando from hitting like an arsenal with those abilities. Thus longer cast time.

I don't really get the point though, any full heals build should probably have muzzle fluting anyway. Seems like a really odd pointless change to me.

They didn't have to pick up muzzle fluting for 1 big reason. Supercharged Gas Cylinder. With that they can spam Power Shot for free for 10 seconds I believe and heat was not an issue. Most Bodyguard Mercs are always at 30 stacks of Supercharged gas so it becomes a lets bomb the hell out of my opponent skill, when added in with the talent for making you uninterruptible during the Energy Shield cooldown they were a walking destruction machine with no draw backs. With the changes they are either forced to spend more points in arsenal or to have a much longer cast time and thus less damage pumped out. I doubt it was meant to be the end all nerf but more to dissuade Bodyguards from doing that.