Merceneries need another way to vent heat every 3-6 Seconds.

Daecollo

Unless there is some huge change to heat management in 1.2 for bodyguards you guys are talking BS.

I have been playing offspecc bodyguards for a few raids and honestly there are absolutely no problem in keeping heat down, quite frankly I hardly even use the vent heat ability.

Take karagga for an example, constantly spam healing on that boss, even sometimes cast 3-4 heals in a row without thinking about heat just to use supercharges gas and then spam those 2 heals like a mad man. I am still having no problems keeping the heat down what so ever.

So either you guys are doing something totally wrong or well I cant really find what a 2nd reason could be

And this is why bodyguard is getting nerfed.

if you cast 3 heals and i cast 3 heals and a rapid shot at the end I :

1) healed more than you

2) got 1.5 seconds MORE heat dissapation than you

win win

while rapid shots does NOT reduce heat, over the time you cast it heat is reduced

every good BG healer i have run with SWEARS by it.

If you cast 4 heals and I only cast 3 heals, OF COURSE YOU'LL HEAL MORE THAN ME.

If you take 6 seconds to cast heals and I take 4.5 seconds to cast my 3 heals, OF COURSE YOU'LL DISSIPATE MORE HEAT.

Edited by BlazingShadow

If you cast 4 heals and I only cast 3 heals, OF COURSE YOU'LL HEAL MORE THAN ME.

If you take 6 seconds to cast heals and I take 4.5 seconds to cast my 3 heals, OF COURSE YOU'LL DISSIPATE MORE HEAT.

nope, with the alacrity on my toon i cast 5 heals in the time that you cast 4, and the last heal costs no heat so i am ahead of the curve on heat dissipation

its a double whammy

if you cast 3 heals and i cast 3 heals and a rapid shot at the end I :

1) healed more than you

2) got 1.5 seconds MORE heat dissapation than you

win win

while rapid shots does NOT reduce heat, over the time you cast it heat is reduced

every good BG healer i have run with SWEARS by it.

Even if you chose to not use Rapid Shots, you would still dissipate the same heat. You're comparing two different time intervals (time X to time x+1.5), where you should be comparing the difference in doing two different things in the same time interval. The benefit of using RpS is that you gain that additional healing at only the cost of a gcd and you build SCG stacks.

To add to the original topic, my personal opinion is that adding a third heat venting ability will simply make us way overpowered. Changing CR to vent 8 heat every time you crit is a bit ridiculous without having a decent internal CD to balance our class.

Edited by zeroskaterMHS

Even if you chose to not use Rapid Shots, you would still dissipate the same heat. You're comparing two different time intervals (time X to time x+1.5), where you should be comparing the difference in doing two different things in the same time interval. The benefit of using RpS is that you gain that additional healing at only the cost of a gcd and you build SCG stacks.

To add to the original topic, my personal opinion is that adding a third heat venting ability will simply make us way overpowered. Changing CR to vent 8 heat every time you crit is a bit ridiculous without having a decent internal CD to balance our class.

My point is that with alacrity you have the oppportunity to get in a free heal with no heat, without it you do not, i am compairing the exact same amount of time, it may take 3 heals to save 1.5 seconds instead of 2, but with alacrity you DO get FREE heals with NO heat which is better, period.

so to add to the origional topic myself, currently BG has no heat issues, i watch a BG heal me in raid all day long with no heat issues. With 1.2 i am not so sure, but as it stands now in 1.1.x we definitely do not need more venting.

My point is that with alacrity you have the oppportunity to get in a free heal with no heat, without it you do not, i am compairing the exact same amount of time, it may take 3 heals to save 1.5 seconds instead of 2, but with alacrity you DO get FREE heals with NO heat which is better, period.

so to add to the origional topic myself, currently BG has no heat issues, i watch a BG heal me in raid all day long with no heat issues. With 1.2 i am not so sure, but as it stands now in 1.1.x we definitely do not need more venting.

The problem is, that that alacrity does nothing for instant-cast abilities, while power does. I'd gladly take 10% more heals on my heat-building cast abilities, and not have to spam a weak attack to try to make up the difference. The primary problem is that bh gear doesn't come with power enhancements that don't have alacrity. I replace them with enhancements from imperial agent gear, so I have power and surge instead of power and alacrity. its more work, but the healing throughput is superior in most cases, even moreso while moving.

I haven't had a problem in heat even during nightmare ops.

Yes, a little alacrity will let you get an extra healing scan in during supercharged gas, and an argument can (and has) been made for having up to 221 alacrity. However, having modded my gear for alacrity/power and then comparing that to modding my gear with power/surge, the lack of alacrity makes heat a non-issue, while the effective healing throughput in most actual bossfights, superior.

I can't really speak to pvp, as I don't do that much. but for pve, alacrity is a terrible stat for sustained healing. It is sometimes useful in burst healing, but you'll pay for it, heat-wise. For pve, sustainability is critical.