What is the intention of this nerf?

MarsX

When I read the hybrid spec that I absolutely love (Wrath + CL)was completely removed, my first thought was this was a sloppy approach to dealing with a perceived problem.

Clearly, Bioware used a hammer to solve a problem that should have been corrected with a scalpel.

Entirely removing this is not necessary. Drop the 20% damage from Wrath on CL, but keep the instant, or put Wrath on a 10 second cooldown. There clearly ways to preserve the hybrid without destroying the entire mechanic.

I'm assuming at this point Bioware knew in advance how infuriating this would be to the community, and that they most likely wont change it.

So my question is, what the hell is the intention here? There is no reworking of the 31 builds of madness and lightning, and healing is taking it in the rear, so what is the expectation of this class in 1.2?

I believe their intention with this nerf is to switch all sorc dps to Lightning the "only true PvE dps spec". Why else would they not touch anything in lightning but nerf everything in madness that the hybrid spec depended on? Edited by Terminmz

I am pissed, but that even made me laugh out loud.

Being positive is very hard for me right now when my beloved character is being slaughtered.

Hey want to see my 65 valor mount and white crystal on my sorcerer that I used to play?

Giggles from the trolls inc.

To be completely honest here, I rarely see Sorcs on top of the dps chart. I see a lot of sorcs but throw in two BH'es or a skilled Marauder and it's usually one of them taking the top spot.

So yeah, my only conclusion is that they want people to switch. Ironically they're all going to switch to the same class ....well...until they decide that it's time to switch again and completely destroys that class.

I've never said a bad thing about this game but forcing me to more or less change class or be a constant low output squishy in WZ might just be the thing that drives me away. Is it not enough that we've already been pretty crappy in 1 vs 1 against decent players from other classes ? We can't crit 5k or any of that. It's a versatile support class and contrary to popular belief we're not given an additional 100 spec points so that we can fill every spec tree and go 500K heals + 500K dps in every game. Where and when do those games take place, I'd sure like to experience one.