How does nerfing tracer encourage different play styles?

Individual

Look, I don't like having to use tracer missles non stop, but it's only due to me debuff targets for other abilities is why I use it. Honestly, I'm ok with the dmg nerf; however, I'm a little worried about the rest of the skill tree. Is it still going to follow the same general logistics? If so, I don't think that's going to really encourage us to play our toons differently. If you're worried about people spamming tracer missles, then revamp the entire tree all together. Also, you didn't even do anything to the pyrotech tree for mercs what so ever. That's not a good way to encourage us to play our toons differently. I couwl be reading into this wrong, and other thoughs on this would be nice. As is now, I hate playing my merc as it is. If you're letting me tracer missle you, then I'm sorry your not losing line of sight on me, or trying to interrupt my tracer missle. Honestly, I've got other classes i play, and taking out BH's are generally easy compared to other classes.

I'm pretty disappointed from the patch notes as it looks from a bh's viewpoint, and I'm pretty excited from the viewpoint of my other classes. it looks like BH's, mercs, are going to be more fodder then they already are.

On a positive note, I like the heatseeker buff, but why is it only heatseekers getting buffed and not thermal detonator? Also, there is major heat issues with pyro still in my opinion that needs to be addressed. All in all, I think I would of rather of seen a tracer missle nerf in exchange for more survivability skills like most of these other DPS classes have.