The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Potential Skill tree 35/3/3 Could Use Imput

Belington

First problem, lack of emphasis on rocket punch by skipping flame surge and iron fist. RP is(can be) one of our harder abilities which when combined flame shield accounts for a large portion of our pve threat. And with flame surge and iron fist its our hardest hitting ability outside railshot.

Second, Missing neural overload which is one of the defining pvp options in shieldtech. Applying snares/slows is necessary in pvp, one can't just rely on grapple(with no escape).

Third, how much health does integrated cardio give you? I'm in nearly full rakata and it comes to roughly 660, your mileage may vary. If it were more natural to pick it up in say the shield tech tree there'd be no discussion but where it is(pyro) and the skills you give up by snagging(proto burn enhancers, iron fist, second tier in prototype) just doesn't justify the marginal health gain.

I think I hit the major points and problems. There is good reason why there are a handful of cookie-cutter specs, based on the layout of the trees those are the only ones that make any logical sense. I wish bioware would have put more skills in each tier so there would be a little more variety in specs...