Commando analysis

Paspawn

First of all, I am a Combat Medic Commando and play PVP almost exclusively so I can't really offer a good PVE insight. That been said, let's analice the Commando AC.

Pros

- Heavy armor

- Raw power

Cons

- Only AC without an interrupt.

- Only healing class without an in-combat res.

- The least mobile AC. Not a single movement buffing, jumping... ability (I admit this can be a good job at class creation considering the heavy armor)

- Disadvantage vs Bounty Hunters regarding casting animations.

- Disadvantage "Hammer Shot" vs "Rapid Shots" animation

- Mayor disadvantage at resource management vs Bounty Hunter

- The only class (including the vanguard) who has a 31 point skill that shares cooldown.

I just can't understand what is being done in 1.2.

I agree with some of what you've said. I think the argument about resource management has been overstated by most people. I have both a BH and a Commando and I don't notice much of a difference, if any.

The lack of an interrupt or in combat rez is kind of a silly design decision. I'm not sure why they omitted it, and I wish the devs would say something about why they have.

I'm inclined to think that the 1.2 changes are going to mean bad things for my healing, but I want to try to keep an open mind until I've had a chance to test them.

Edited by nallard

That's not 31 point skill...

The Assault Plastique ability is granted by the top tier (31 point) skill box of the Assault tree. It certainly is a 31 point skill.

Assault Plastique shares a cooldown with Sticky Grenade, a level 5 Trooper skill.

Whether it matters or not is a matter of opinion, but it is an undeniable fact that one of the abilities granted by a 31 point skill shares a cooldown with another ability.