1.2 Commando changes explained

Rigsta

Im utterly shocked with the huge amounts of nerfs. Commando class in general has the most amount of nerfs compared to other classes.

I can slightly accept the nerf to gunnery, but the most hard hitting is the medic spec. The nerfs are just, too huge. Really i rather not get that stupid 1 extra target healing in Kolto Bomb if it means my other talents are not nerfed. We already have the degenerating mechanic to our ammo system and this nerf will be a extreme hard hitter.

Is bioware trying to say Commandos are not meant to be main healers? Only sage and Scoundrels are? So we are only off-heals? Then why give us a Full dedicated Healing tree in our talent system? The way i see it in pvp and pve, offheals are not needed, rather more of a burden. Its better to have fully 1 dps 1 main heals than 2 offheals that do average dps. I really dont know what to make of this.

1. No, scoundrels/operatives have been nerfed the most thus far.

2. Commando Survivability was too high, regardless of spec. BW is trying to avoid the WoW Paladin problem now, rather than later. Also, a guildie of mine stated that the Medic changes merely meant that he would no longer be able to "heal through stupid" anymore.

3. No, this is what balancing is. Sages got hit hard too, Sawbones Scoundrels got buffed (finally).

TL;DR: The healers who have been facerolling through content will actually have to bring their "A" game, not their "Zzzzz" game. Thus, the whine.

1. No, scoundrels/operatives have been nerfed the most thus far.

2. Commando Survivability was too high, regardless of spec. BW is trying to avoid the WoW Paladin problem now, rather than later. Also, a guildie of mine stated that the Medic changes merely meant that he would no longer be able to "heal through stupid" anymore.

3. No, this is what balancing is. Sages got hit hard too, Sawbones Scoundrels got buffed (finally).

TL;DR: The healers who have been facerolling through content will actually have to bring their "A" game, not their "Zzzzz" game. Thus, the whine.

it's not the healers that will have to adjust; it's everyone who wants to do any sort of group content.

That's true for everyone coming out of this patch... except for shadows/assassins.

i don't mean that everyone has to get used to their own class changes. i mean that the healing changes are an effort by the devs to make content more challenging, which affects everyone.

healing changes don't only affect healers. in fact, i'd argue that they affect the rest of the group moreso (since they're more often the recipient of healing than the healer is himself)

everyone will have to face combat encounters more intelligently (especially with the medpacks changes as well)