How to really fix Arsenal Problems

voigt

The changes on 1.2 do not really solve any problems they just force people to pick specific talents to remain the same, I feel this change was to get rid of some of the hybrid specs. If they really want us to use something other than Tracer Missile then several things must happen.

Here are changes I suggest:

ABILITY CHANGES:

High Velocity Gas Cylinder

Activation: 1.5 secs

Loads your blaster with a high velocity gas cylinder. While active, armor penetration is increased by 35%. In Addition Missiles that hit the target now grant a heat signature, reducing the armor rating by 4% for 15 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times. Heat signatures leave the target vulnerable to Rail Shot. Only one cylinder can be active at a time.

(by moving Tracer Missiles debuff into the HVGC stance and allowing all missiles to add stacks, this provides the much needed versatility and freedom to use other attacks we normally do not even have on the hot bar)

Tracer Missile

Instant

Heat: 16

Cooldown: 6s

Range: 30 m

Launches a missile at the target that deals 1705 - 1755 kinetic damage.

(Lowered the cast time from 1.5 seconds to Instant but gave it a 6 second cooldown, removed the Heat signature debuff and put that into HVGC)

Power Shot

Instant

Charges up both blasters and fires off two powerful shots that deal 1648 - 2068 weapon damage. Requires two blasters.

(Lowered the cast time from 1.5 seconds to Instant but gave it a 6 second cooldown)

Missile Blast

Instant

Deals 1105 - 1114 kinetic damage to the target and 150 - 157 additional kinetic damage to up to 3 nearby enemies in a 5-meter radius. If the primary target is a weak or standard enemy, it is knocked to the ground.

(Lowered Heat cost from 25)

Fusion Missile

Heat: 25

Cooldown: 15s

Fires a fusion missile that detonates on contact, dealing 1129 - 1223 kinetic damage searing the target with radiation burns that deal 1430 additional elemental damage over 6 seconds. Standard and weak targets enter a state of panic from the flames.

(Removed the AE Component and lowered Heat cost from 33 and lowered the cooldown from 30s)

Explosive Dart

Instant

Cooldown: 9s

Fires a dart that will detonate after several seconds. Standard and weak enemies enter a state of panic while the dart is active. The explosion deals 1341 - 1404 kinetic damage to up to 3 nearby enemies when it detonates. Standard and weak targets are knocked back from the blast.

(Lowered the cooldown from 15s)

Ability added

Quell

Instant

Cooldown: 8s

Range: 20 m

Interrupts the target's current action and prevents that ability from being used for the next 4 seconds.

(interrupts are not only useful for pvp but some fights in pve require dps to interrupt certain boss abilities)

TALENT CHANGES:

Light 'Em Up

Missiles now apply an additional heat signature.

(No longer specifically calls Tracer Missile)

Tracer Lock

All missiles and Power Shot grant Target Lock, increasing the damage dealt by the next Rail Shot by 6%. Stacks up to 5 times.

CONCLUSION:

The changes will actually allow us to start using our other attacks by freeing up some talents that were very specifically using Tracer Missile only. By allowing other missiles and power shot to be used to gain our stacks and putting Tracer Missile and Power Shot on 6 second cooldowns and making them instant cast. We have allowed more mobility and versatility in the rotation.

Note all damage values were copied from my live merc as the tooltip was in my current gear (BM + Champ + Columi)

Bonus Damage: 695

Crit Chance 34.65%

Crit Multiplier: 76.36%

Let me know how you guys feel about using fusion and missile blast again in this new proposed change.

Edited by voigt

why wouldnt you use FM now?

And your changes turn arsenal from a 1 trick pony (which it will remain after the update) to... a 1 trick pony with many variations, as well as a removal of all cast timers, thus allowing you to run & gun... from 30m range... making you... well... OP.

No.

i like what you came up with thats some good points there i do like how hvgc has the tm debuff but as some one said that will make us op and im all up for been more mobile maybe with a few more tweeks to what you came up with could still work but i do think they need to move the tm debuff to some thing else just like hvgc or some thing like that

The changes on 1.2 do not really solve any problems they just force people to pick specific talents to remain the same, I feel this change was to get rid of some of the hybrid specs. If they really want us to use something other than Tracer Missile then several things must happen.

Here are changes I suggest:

ABILITY CHANGES:

High Velocity Gas Cylinder

Loads your blaster with a high velocity gas cylinder. While active, armor penetration is increased by 35%. In Addition Missiles that hit the target now grant a heat signature, reducing the armor rating by 4% for 15 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times. Heat signatures leave the target vulnerable to Rail Shot. Only one cylinder can be active at a time.

(by moving Tracer Missiles debuff into the HVGC stance and allowing all missiles to add stacks, this provides the much needed versatility and freedom to use other attacks we normally do not even have on the hot bar)

Tracer Missile

Instant

Launches a missile at the target that deals 1705 - 1755 kinetic damage.

(Lowered the cast time from 1.5 seconds to Instant but gave it a 6 second cooldown, removed the Heat signature debuff and put that into HVGC)

Power Shot

Instant

Charges up both blasters and fires off two powerful shots that deal 1648 - 2068 weapon damage. Requires two blasters.

(Lowered the cast time from 1.5 seconds to Instant but gave it a 6 second cooldown)

Missile Blast

Instant

Deals 1105 - 1114 kinetic damage to the target and 150 - 157 additional kinetic damage to up to 3 nearby enemies in a 5-meter radius. If the primary target is a weak or standard enemy, it is knocked to the ground.

(Lowered Heat cost from 25)

Fusion Missile

Heat: 25

Cooldown: 15s

Fires a fusion missile that detonates on contact, dealing 1129 - 1223 kinetic damage searing the target with radiation burns that deal 1430 additional elemental damage over 6 seconds. Standard and weak targets enter a state of panic from the flames.

(Removed the AE Component and lowered Heat cost from 33 and lowered the cooldown from 30s)

Explosive Dart

Instant

Cooldown: 9s

Fires a dart that will detonate after several seconds. Standard and weak enemies enter a state of panic while the dart is active. The explosion deals 1341 - 1404 kinetic damage to up to 3 nearby enemies when it detonates. Standard and weak targets are knocked back from the blast.

(Lowered the cooldown from 15s)

Ability added

Quell

Instant

Cooldown: 8s

Range: 20 m

Interrupts the target's current action and prevents that ability from being used for the next 4 seconds.

(interrupts are not only useful for pvp but some fights in pve require dps to interrupt certain boss abilities)

TALENT CHANGES:

Light 'Em Up

Missiles now apply an additional heat signature.

Tracer Lock

All missiles and Power Shot grant Target Lock, increasing the damage dealt by the next Rail Shot by 6%. Stacks up to 5 times.

CONCLUSION:

The changes will actually allow us to start using our other attacks by freeing up some talents that were very specifically using Tracer Missile only. By allowing other missiles and power shot to be used to gain our stacks and putting Tracer Missile and Power Shot on 6 second cooldowns and making them instant cast. We have allowed more mobility and versatility in the rotation.

Note all damage values were copied from my live merc as the tooltip was in my current gear (BM + Champ + Columi)

Bonus Damage: 695

Crit Chance 34.65%

Crit Multiplier: 76.36%

Let me know how you guys feel about using fusion and missile blast again in this new proposed change.

I stopped reading when you put a cooldown on power shot. Now go fix pyrotech for mercs.