Legacy companions?

JackMcBlaster

I didn't know where to put this post so sorry if it's in the wrong place. I was thinking about the legacy thing and thought, "what about legacy companions?" i was thinking when someone got their legacy they could design a companion for all their characters across the server. i was thinking it could go like this:

Living person or Droid

(the living person creation would go like making your character.)

Droid could be like this:

Droid type

(astromech or humanoid or any other droid type)

then it could have a series of droid shapes.

then you could select the pitch of the droid's voice.

after that, you could have a chance to add some color and markings.

then you could give any of the types of companions a name. (with spaces)

then you could select the armor and weapon proficiencies. maybe three weapon proficiencies?

finally it would be sent to SWTOR for approval. if it is appropriate, BAM! You have a legacy companion!

It may sound a bit far off, but i think it would be really fun for all players.

thank you for taking the time to read this long (maybe boring) post. sorry if my grammar and/or spelling was bad

Considering that they would have to rework,retouch and produce new animation and voice acting for cutscenes with this new companion, I don't think you'll see this idea for a long,long time.

Good idea though, and it could work for expansions.

Im a sith sorcerer and hooking up with my companion Ashara, that would be cool to lets have 1 child of this that I play as legacy and the other child as my companion? :o woot woot.. that would be kewl

Considering that they would have to rework,retouch and produce new animation and voice acting for cutscenes with this new companion, I don't think you'll see this idea for a long,long time.

Good idea though, and it could work for expansions.

I think for the voicing, there would be only one or two little expressions like "attack" or "let's go". one female voice, one male voice, and one droid voice that of which you could change the pitch. it woulkd take a while though

Edited by JackMcBlaster

• 4 years later...
it seems silly, and then if we want to play with them how we do with another character's of the legacy? Are we going to create them twice in each part to do with them beans functions? better to put an article that allows you to use the characters of the legacy as companion.

it seems silly, and then if we want to play with them how we do with another character's of the legacy? Are we going to create them twice in each part to do with them beans functions? better to put an article that allows you to use the characters of the legacy as companion.

Necromunging 101 is supposed to be held in the atrium, or off-topic, and not in the general lore forum.

Edited by myrdinn