Quick Q regarding hybrid - What level ?

unclekaula

with arsenal it doesnt. the way the tree is built you need 31 points or your points are wasted. everything is built off of TM so you want most of the skills above TM in the tree. not sure how viable a bodyguard/pyro is

This, dear Sir, is just nonsense.

There's a very viable 13/28/0 build for a hybrid, that is capable of doing 90% of a 31 point Arsenal spec and is also able to switch to Off-heal.

I'm talking about this one: Link

It's quite a situational build and not recommended for MT healing, but if you have heal issues in an operation (one some encounters) or if you're just healing a HM FP, this is more than sufficient.

While slightly tricky on heat management while in healing mode (after all you don't have critical efficiency), it's still doing good damagewise while in dps mode.

You're not top of the list on either side, but you're able to switch mid-fight, if things go wrong. And that's your big positive on that spec.

You have to be quite flexible to utilise this, but if you're the type of person that can do this - you're more valuable of a spec than any pure dps or heal.

This, dear Sir, is just nonsense.

There's a very viable 13/28/0 build for a hybrid, that is capable of doing 90% of a 31 point Arsenal spec and is also able to switch to Off-heal.

I'm talking about this one: Link

It's quite a situational build and not recommended for MT healing, but if you have heal issues in an operation (one some encounters) or if you're just healing a HM FP, this is more than sufficient.

While slightly tricky on heat management while in healing mode (after all you don't have critical efficiency), it's still doing good damagewise while in dps mode.

You're not top of the list on either side, but you're able to switch mid-fight, if things go wrong. And that's your big positive on that spec.

You have to be quite flexible to utilise this, but if you're the type of person that can do this - you're more valuable of a spec than any pure dps or heal.

1. this is a pve build and not meant for pvp
  2. i dont see how this makes you viable as a dpser or a healer. a 31 point arsenal spec will always outdamage this hybrid and a 31 point bodyguard spec will always outheal this hybrid spec. if you have dedicated healers and dpsers i dont see why you would want to do this and if i saw someone with this spec i wouldnt follow them into any warzone or flashpoint

as someone who does a ton of pvp and a few HMs i can tell you that specializing in one area is more effective than trying to be a jack of all trades. arsenal is dps and they do it very well, not taking the whole tree is gimping yourself and adding one heal with a spec to another heal is not going to make up for that. my corruption sorc could heal circles around this spec not to mention my arsenal merc could dps circles around this spec

Edited by Cegenaus