The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Havin trouble with my vanguard build

XDEATHJESTERX

yeah so im having trouble with my vanguard doesnt feel like hes staying alive long enough for a level 31 or dealing enough damage hes got 0 in shield spec. 14 in tactic and 8 in assault any help reguarding my trooper would be nice im still new to this hole skill tree thing now very good at it

yeah so im having trouble with my vanguard doesnt feel like hes staying alive long enough for a level 31 or dealing enough damage hes got 0 in shield spec. 14 in tactic and 8 in assault any help reguarding my trooper would be nice im still new to this hole skill tree thing now very good at it

De-Comic Sansing the response to maintain sanity. Men have killed for less.

What are you doing. PvE? PvP? Exactly what is your current build (just link it from a website talent calculator)?

First off...regarding Comic Sans....

Anyway....we are very gear driven so gear needs to be "Top of the Line" with no exceptions. Passing on upgrades or getting a few extra levels out of pants or boots or a carbine is asking for more deaths then you or I care to sit through. So check your gear, get Oranges and the best mods you can use. This can be done from very early on and by lvl 30 I only lacked bracers and a belt that were orange.

Next is the build. It's DPS so you're going to be lacking the tools that help the shield defense skill spec hold up better. That doesn't mean DPS is bad for tanking, it's just that sheild spec is more focused on it. Fact is, I have the entire tree and still need my healer companion to survive in PVE. so you are going to take damage....which leads up back to gear.

Did I mention gear?

You should be running the very top end your level can support.