Arsenal Merc Accuracy Question

Patrickgf

So I am still a bit confused as to the function of accuracy. I get that it reduces the ability of ppl to dodge/evade/deflect white attacks. What I am also wondering is if there is any correlation between accuracy, crit, shield chance, and overall damage output. It seems since I removed most of my accuracy enhancements in favor of others I am having a harder time hitting tank like classes in pvp for a crit and doing less damage output on non crits. Does accuracy have any ability to cause an attack to hit harder whether tech based or standard? Edited by Patrickgf

defense is the ability to completely miss an attack

accuracy >100 directly lowers defense

tanks hate people with high accuracy

for pvp accuracy mostly makes you a tank killer

for pve you world and raid bosses get a 10% and 5% increase to defense so to avoid missing more you need more than 100% accuracy

crits are only effected if you miss a shot that would crit

the size of your hits are not affected

Edited by Yazule

defense is the ability to completely miss an attack

accuracy >100 directly lowers defense

tanks hate people with high accuracy

for pvp accuracy mostly makes you a tank killer

for pve you world and raid bosses get a 10% and 5% increase to defense so to avoid missing more you need more than 100% accuracy

crits are only effected if you miss a shot that would crit

the size of your hits are not affected

Thanks, this is exactly how I thought accuracy was supposed to act. It's very odd that I can be whaling on a tank and crit 1 out of 5 or 6 times turn to spank his less geared teammate and land 4 crits in a row. This has happened sooo many times it had me questioning the mechanics. Must be dumb luck.