Juyo question

KarethRiker

When you're fighting a solo boss with high health points I'm wondering how you juyo watchman start your rotation to burn down quickest?

Specifically I am curious whether people spam strike and slash/ZS to get their first 5 stacks of juyo before hitting cauterize and merciless slash. Would love to know if you modify your usual rotation to maximize dps.

When you're fighting a solo boss with high health points I'm wondering how you juyo watchman start your rotation to burn down quickest?

Specifically I am curious whether people spam strike and slash/ZS to get their first 5 stacks of juyo before hitting cauterize and merciless slash. Would love to know if you modify your usual rotation to maximize dps.

Honestly I don't treat it much differently than I would killing somebody in PvP. Hitting 10% harder is great over the long run, but gimping your opening damage while you wait for Juyo to stack doesn't make any sense.

Leap (4)

OS (1)

Zealous (7)

Cauterize (5)

Merc Slash (1)

Strike (3) At this point you have full Juyo stacked and you've only ticked 3 of your 6 Cauterize ticks and 1 of your 3 OS ticks. The rest will all receive the 10% damage bonus from that point on (unless dots aren't dynamic, meaning they are only as powerful as your current buffs when cast, instead of rising dynamically with any increases in power/Juyo stacks/adrenals while already on the target...I'm not sure how they behave to be honest).

If you're truly worried about having 5 stacks up before you burn down a PvE mob with high health, do this:

Leap - 1 stack Juyo

Zealous - 2 stack

Master Strike - 4 stack (it hits 3 times, but you can only stack Juyo once every 1.5 seconds)

OS

Cauterize - 5 stack

That way your first Cauterize will not only apply the first stack of OS, but it will start out at 5 stacks of Juyo. I honestly wouldn't worry about it though, MS is much lower on the priority list for Watchman, well below OS/Cauterize/Merc Slash.

Edited by Mal-Sharran

Thanks, this is great. I do wonder at what point it breaks even (i.e. how many moves later after juyo 5) to make up for the lost damage in the opening. I'm not a MMO math guru so would be curious to see someone do the analysis (like darthater does).

Right now without any math I would probably follow your advice as it doesn't seem worth messing with my routine opening and adding master strike to my regular rotation for only an incremental duration of extra juyo benefit.

find person to kill that you need to leap too...

Leap + Overload Saber (while in the air)

Zealous Strike.

now decision time.

Leg Slash - or Crippling Throw...

if you CT first then leg slash

(1 stack of overload)

Slash (2 overloads)

Cauterize (3 overloads)

Strike

Merciless Slash.

Now, you could bypass the leg slash if you so choose, but really you should snare your target, if you're on an Agebt or Sorc they're not going to stand there, they'll run. Some agents will stay in cover for a second and the best way to get them out of cover is to hit Masterstrike, they don't want tos tand in that full 3s especially if you have 3stacks of overload up, they'll die.

You can run and do this crazy thing...

leave spawn and head straight for Expertize node and get it. Find squishy, pop your Centering filler, pop power relic, leap in, get your focus to Merciless and hit Inspiration and hope for a crit. If you get off that roation you'll pretty much take half their life right away and have 2 stacks of overload up. That's burst dmg you can use. But again you can only do it ever 5mins.

My rotation usually goes like this:

1) Leap (1 stack)

2) OS (get things started)

3) Master strike (3 stacks and 2 OS stacks)

4) Strike/Zealous Strike (4 stacks and your final OS)

5) Cauterize (5 Stacks and the enemy now has 2 burns, one with 3 stacks)

After that I usually spam Merciless slash to keep the Juyo stacks and plow through the health. Use OS whenever possible (I found that OS pairs nicely with Master strike)

Edited by Syridan