Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Can I get a Dev / Mod to answer this

Mehridian

Start that in the Trooper thread. I am not asking about force users. Nor am I championing that cause.

So tell me why one class should get an option and not another- that is my point. Giving a class an advantage- even aesthetically- will be unbalanced. You should put this in the general thread.

It would probably confuse too many people, but I always thought that PTs should get a rifle while Operatives get a single blaster pistol. Mercs could keep their twin blasters while Snipers would keep their Sniper rifles.

whaaa??! i dont want a stupid looking rifle!! i love my PT because he got a blaster pistol.

Im all against it ... except if the blaster pistol = blaster rifle dmg and it is only for the look

Thats the reason i didnt make a vanguard, i wanted the pistol

Pistols are rifles, and two pistols are assault cannons and sniper rifles.

A friend of mine who was in Beta said that this issue was brought up, and the official response was " not at launch" . The game has only been out for a few months so keep rallying for this and be patient, i am sure it will come . BTW, I support you, but each and every class should be able to use different weapons, not just BH's. :cool:

I'm with you on wanting blaster rifles, specifically the carbines. I just started up a BH and was disappointed they didn't have the iconic BH weapon. I think every other class has two or more weapon proficiencies, while BH are stuck with just pistols.

There is nothing iconic about a carbine save for the fact that Boba had his cut in half.

Rifles are unimportant and in no way have ruined my experience as a Powertech, original thread is original.

Is that right? http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/6/63/BountyHunters.jpg

Every single bounty hunter Darth Vader called to action has - gasp! - a blaster rifle. Every bounty hunter in the originaltrilogy used blaster rifles. That would seem to lend an air of iconicness to it, wouldn't you think? For decades when I thought of bounty hunters in SW, I thought of a mercenary hunting targets with a rifle.

It isn't ruining my gameplay or anything, it's just very dissapointing.

Edited by SinistralWolf

Is that right? http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/6/63/BountyHunters.jpg

Every single bounty hunter Darth Vader called to action has - gasp! - a blaster rifle. Every bounty hunter in the originaltrilogy used blaster rifles. That would seem to lend an air of iconicness to it, wouldn't you think? For decades when I thought of bounty hunters in SW, I thought of a mercenary hunting targets with a rifle.

It isn't ruining my gameplay or anything, it's just very dissapointing.

You know where the iconic part of the Bounty Hunter comes in? In your story, not in your gear selections. You are doing nothing but rehashing the same argument this forum was up in arms about a year ago. That and the fact that Boba's carbine is literally a long barreled pistol with a scope. We discussed this to death.

Edited by Tifski

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.