The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Fresh 50 PVP Gearing - Order of Slot Priority

Will_Trimble

I'm about to ding 50 with my IF Vanguard and had some questions about item slot priority with the pvp gear - what item slots to buy first and what tier (centurion or champion)?

I have all my orange gear modded with pvp weapon enhancements for a starting 150 expertise.

What order and tier would you purchase gear in for the most gain/efficiency?

Save for the Champ Gun immediately. Otherwise whatever gets you the most expertise per commendation. If you have decent purple level 48 implants and ears you could wait to upgrade those. If you're wearing greens from level 45 swap those asap.

My route was:

Day 0 (right after I hit 50): Cent ear, 2 implants, 2 pc Centurion Armor. (2 daily 1 weekly + 6 bags earned pre-50 + 2 WZ-earned) (77 champ tokens banked)

Day 1 Champ Gun. Centurion Offhand. (2 daily 1 weekly + 4 WZ earned... it was a week-end)

It really depends entirely on what you currently have gear wise and how important the set bonuses are to your spec. If you are Assault, 4 pieces of Centurion gear first pretty much no questions asked. Otherwise, I'd probably go primarily for stats.

You can typically get big upgrades on the Champion Relics for a very small cost, but if you already have good relics, this route might not be ideal. Check the Champion gear vs. the Centurion gear. Some have relatively marginal stat upgrades while others have 30 more endurance. Typically, they have other stats too, but at least in my opinion, those have much bigger bang for your buck. Implants can also serve as pretty good, cheap upgrades if you don't already have good ones.

The most important thing is to hit Battlemaster as fast as you can as it drastically increases your gearing options. You can luck out and get BM commendations. You also get substantially more Champion commendations for the BM bags.