what's a credit spammer?

FoxNemhauser

from the guild summit:

* Exploits: Ilum chest looting fixed in 1.2 – if you show up with a lot of credits we will track your activity.

* We don’t see a lot of kill-stealing in our games but this kind of behaviors is seen with chests

* we have a team of 30 people to get rid of people that credit spam – they get banned as soon they show up. We can track all credit transfers.

* See a spammer, report it, fastest way to get them banned.

this is the first time i hear about it so i'm interested in knowing some details for those two reasons:

- if i can understand what's the problem - i would be able to report people that do it (if i can spot them)

- i want to be sure that i'm not doing such thing, for example: when i'm doing warzones i'm parked near a place with security lock/slicing nodes so between warzones i can get around 15-20k (twice as much if there are two instances of the map); could this be considered as a spam chest looting? [that's actually the main interest for me]

also the 'kill-stealing' baffles me, to my knowledge you can only kill enemy faction so that's definitely a positive thing if you can prevent your enemy from getting to a chest and looting it yourself instead

or maybe they mean chest looting while someone is fighting near a chest (so they are in combat and can't open it, while you are not in combat and have no problem)? it's not a cool move, but that should not be treated as a felony

Edited by FoxNemhauser

yeah but it is going to lead to people they buy credits comeing here and complaing and qq saying they didnt and got banned... i mean they can reveiw oyur char actions.. so proof is in the pudding... i glad they have it

oh, you mean that those issues are not related and by "spammer" you mean someone who advertises credit selling?

i thought it was about someone who frequently opens the chests (and on ilum where there is a short delay for layer switching it's very easy to get rich just by looting)

then i guess i misunderstood that, was pretty sure those four points are connected but now i see your point of view.

still, the kill stealing is an interesting point to discuss (they phrased it like it's a bad thing to kill the enemy while he is looting a chest)

Edited by FoxNemhauser