Assault / Healer Hybrid?

Cormacus

Are there a viable Assault / Healer hybrid? I can't seem to find one myself. Having good healing + being able to use Plasma Cell / IR would be great fun. But from what I see you kind of really need the first few skill points in Gunnery on all types of builds (+9% aim, +6%damage).

Anyone found one that works?

Assault relies on the plasma cell, while any good healer uses the combat support cell to fuel his supercharge cells. Thus assault and combat medic are very hard to combine. You're better advised to combine combat medic with gunnery. Consider that muzzle fluting reduces charged bolts ammo cost by 1 and ssc reduces it by 2, you can use ssc to dish out charged bolts for free. You actually even recover ammo while spamming charged bolts when supercharged, use it to your advantage.

You still don't have the ammo efficiency of a real gunnery build since you'll have to recover charges in between and you don't have the mobility of an assault setup, but at least those two skill trees work together. Assault and gunnery can be combined, but assault and combat medic don't really match. (I am sorry, i also wish i could have more mobile damage while being healing specced. )

Assault relies on the plasma cell, while any good healer uses the combat support cell to fuel his supercharge cells. Thus assault and combat medic are very hard to combine. You're better advised to combine combat medic with gunnery. Consider that muzzle fluting reduces charged bolts ammo cost by 1 and ssc reduces it by 2, you can use ssc to dish out charged bolts for free. You actually even recover ammo while spamming charged bolts when supercharged, use it to your advantage.

You still don't have the ammo efficiency of a real gunnery build since you'll have to recover charges in between and you don't have the mobility of an assault setup, but at least those two skill trees work together. Assault and gunnery can be combined, but assault and combat medic don't really match. (I am sorry, i also wish i could have more mobile damage while being healing specced. )

Yes, it's what I thought. I currently use a healing/gunnery hybrid which works very well. Would just have been fun to not having to rely on Grav Round/Charged Bolt but as you say because of cells it's not possible to combine them.

i saw a build with 31 CM and 10 AS

just enough of AS for the snare, increase in dmg, and the increase chance for plasma cell

it wasn't all that great, especially with the change to caps not breaking on DoTs (although that was the main reason i thought it'd be useful)

Sylow is right. there's so much synergy with gunnery with muzzle fluting, special munitions, and havoc rounds, there really isn't any reason NOT to combine it with healing.

i saw a build with 31 CM and 10 AS

just enough of AS for the snare, increase in dmg, and the increase chance for plasma cell

it wasn't all that great, especially with the change to caps not breaking on DoTs (although that was the main reason i thought it'd be useful)

Sylow is right. there's so much synergy with gunnery with muzzle fluting, special munitions, and havoc rounds, there really isn't any reason NOT to combine it with healing.

I know, but it would have been fun. I really like Assault's improved Hammer Shot and IR. Plus I never use the healing effect from Hammer Shot as Healer Hybrid in PvP (and don't really need Support Cell) , the green light just attracts too much attention and shows everyone I'm a healer.

I know, but it would have been fun. I really like Assault's improved Hammer Shot and IR. Plus I never use the healing effect from Hammer Shot as Healer Hybrid in PvP (and don't really need Support Cell) , the green light just attracts too much attention and shows everyone I'm a healer.

same. that's why i thought running heals in plasma cell would be ok.

if DoTs still stopped caps, i think it could be really good.

if you're not going to heal that much, i think you could go pretty far into assault and just a little bit into combat medic

i just played around a bit. by not getting assault plastique, you can get Combat Shield, which would give you some good synergy with Degauss and Reflexive Shield, but i think you'd be giving up a bit too much. not going gunnery at all (so no havoc rounds or ironsights), and of course giving up assault plastique. not sure if it's worth it.

you could get even get kolto bomb, but i think burnout is pretty essential to plasma cell, so you're running at least 28 into assault. i dunno. maybe one could justify giving it up (and still going really high into assault)

i think field triage is very good, but you have to go pretty high into combat medic to get it, and the next tier is where you'll want to spend all of your points.

maybe something like this? http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800bfMMozZZbIrrkMG0c.1

not really much of a hybrid per se, since it's a lot of assault with some healing, but could be worth a look if you really want to make it work (and i'm sure someone could suggest some ways to make it better that don't include 'just get rid of it')

I tried a couple of different builds yesterday but gave up. Assault only works well if you put 31 points in it, or possibly a Gunnery/Assault hybrid. Problem with Commando's we need those first 5 talents in Gunnery tree no matter what Tree we choose as our main. And for medic or healing to be efficient we at least need to get Field Triage even then you're not very good at healing. It just doesn't add up at the moment.