Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Game engine suggestion

VegaPhone

I know there seems to be an issue with the game engine, and I hope with enough time we can have an engine that allows for large scale combat, however I think it is pertinent to the success of swtor to get a strong engine sooner that later, and thus,

Suggestion: Release a new engine MMO for the expansion. That way you can redistribute the entire game if need be again with an expansion as a hard copy as well. Or if the coding of the current engine requires the game to have a new mega download then having it come with the expansions could also be a good option.

I would seriously doubt they will change game engines, it is possible, but more likely they will continue to develop the current engine into something better.

Plus if/when they do, it is almost a given they will not send out hard copies to all of the player base. It is going to cost quite a bit for them to upgrade the engine alone, the extra expense to send out hard copies would be just to much of an expense.

Most likely if they do update the engine it will be in a downloadable patch.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.