What's with Commando end game gear?

Euphymie

*** is up with the itemization for end game PVP gear?

I'm a gunnery Commando and I cannot freaking gear up properly.

We have 2 DPS spec gear, tech combat and eliminator, but they both have the same stats. It's like bioware doesn't know what to do with DPS commandos. With the current nerf to surge and the ninja gear changes to purple commando gear. It's become apparent that those balancing dps commando gear do not know what they are doing.

I have 111.84% accuracy and people say all i need is 108%. 6 out of 14 items have Accuracy on them. Whether it is pvp or pve, I can't seem to itemize properly. 3 implants you cannot avoid getting accuracy because 3 out of the 4 sets you get accuracy and the 1 set is for medics with crit and alacrity. Chest legs and boots all come with accuracy by default.

So we have to work extra hard to get more commendations/drops in order to buy different class like gunslinger items in order to rip out the mods to put into our gear? that's a really really poorly designed system.

Yeah, you need to change the mods out if you want other stats then the ones you have.

This is the case for very many classes. I am just happy the gear is moddable so we have a chance to change the mods we dont like.

Yeah, you need to change the mods out if you want other stats then the ones you have.

This is the case for very many classes. I am just happy the gear is moddable so we have a chance to change the mods we dont like.

WHAT! You actually have to change your gear to the style and stats you want? Who woulda thunk it!

Edited by Aaoogaa

Take the enhancements out of Jedi t2 boots/hats until you hit the soft-cap for crit around 32%~, then use the enhancements from Smuggler t2 boots/hats.

I run with something like 107% tech crit, and I have no issues. Will Full Auto occasionally miss when a tank pops their +50% parry skills? Sure, but it's still going to miss half the time even if I stack accuracy. Stick to the crafted lvl 49 earpiece, too.

WHAT! You actually have to change your gear to the style and stats you want? Who woulda thunk it!

It's not so much that you have to change, as it is that you have to buy gear from other classes to get certain mods at certain ilevels. The problem is almost entirely with enhancements, and it affects pretty much all ACs to varying degrees.

The Devs (implicitly) admitted somewhere that they had no idea what they were doing when they were assigning endgame gear stats, and that they plan to offer better options after 1.2.

Edited by Soshla

• 4 weeks later...