No more Biochem?

lcemaster

I can get armoring crew skills to make rakata equipment and then dismiss that crew skill and learn biochem and still wear my Rakata items. On the other hand, if I learn Biochem first, make a rakata stim and then learn synthweaving or anything else – I can’t use the reuseable stim anymore. A: Reuseable stims wil be phased out over time – they will not be upgraded in the future.

So should I not create a character for biochem then?

If you like making/supplying your own consumables then yes. If you are doing it for a scalable reusable stim/adrenal/medpack, then no. As your quote says, the reusable stims/adrenals/medpacks are going to be less and less effective over time with the new content. I.e. they won't heal/boost as well as the newer versions.

Biochem is still going to be a popular crew skill, unfortunately if they do not give it something else useful to replace the re-usable items its going to be an alt profession and mains will use more useful skills like synthweaving.

Currently in the game sythweaving and armormech are the best trade skills in what they can make for the player stat wise, the problem is the items they make can be kept without keeping the crew skill. Of course if they could not be kept they would be nearly mandatory, because a permanent +56 to whatever stat you want is a lot more valuable then anything else in the game right now, all biochem does is save you from buying stacks of items that are in low supply because of the rediculous amount of ingredients needed to make a one use hour long buff, or a one use 15 second adrenal buff.

Biochem will still be useful. People will still want high level stims and medpacks and buy off the GMT. people will still have Bio on their mains for easier farming of materials. It just won't be the "popular" choice.

the key for Bio is to not go overboard with the other crafts. but at the same time, they're goal is to make most of the items BoE, which means you wont lose access to certain craftables if you don't have the craft itself.

so level Biochem if you like the idea. not because its the latest and greatest. My newer juggernaut is running it because i want the medpacks and stims available for cheap as I level, and I want to implant schematics as well. if anything, perhaps they'll make the implants the "hot" ticket for Bio (in a similar vent as augments and the armor crafts)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.