Travel times / Load times

laserfloyd

If you want a suggestion on how to make people happy, this is someting you'll need to keep in mind.

Travel times

They are tedious and involve way too many manual steps. If I'm on planet X and friend is on planet Y, getting there to help them is one of the most dreadful experiences in game. Multiple posts have been made about it and here's one more. I do not want to quicktravel, shuttle to orbital station, run to airlock, load ship, pull up map, fly to planet, load planet/airlock, run to shuttle, fly to location of friend. In another game you might experience one load screen to travel to a friend and it was fast. Otherwise you just hearthed, chose the path nearest to your friend and enjoying the scenery as you traveled. There is nothing enjoyable about travel in this game. The jump to light speed is cool but it lasts 5 seconds tops?

I'm not saying instant travel, I'm saying less tedious. I don't mind taking 5 minutes to travel somewhere but those 5 minutes are a time sink. In TOR the traveling is way too manual as stated above. I want to get a drink and have a snack while traveling; not waiting to get to the next spot to click something.

Load times

This is more important than travel times. See, it adds to travel times ultimately. I really can't get over how LONG it takes a map to load. It's every single map minus your ship, which is tiny. Load screens should take 10-20 seconds, not an entire minute or more. It's doubly painful because it's coupled with lousy travel methods.

I hate going from planet to planet in this game. I know there are a host of other issues that need resolving but this is a big one to me. Likely letting my sub run out but I'll check back periodically to see if improvements have been made.

May the force be with you all.

If you want a suggestion on how to make people happy, this is someting you'll need to keep in mind.

Load times

This is more important than travel times. See, it adds to travel times ultimately. I really can't get over how LONG it takes a map to load. It's every single map minus your ship, which is tiny. Load screens should take 10-20 seconds, not an entire minute or more. It's doubly painful because it's coupled with lousy travel methods.

I hate going from planet to planet in this game. I know there are a host of other issues that need resolving but this is a big one to me. Likely letting my sub run out but I'll check back periodically to see if improvements have been made.

May the force be with you all.

It is not the sheer time that makes load times terrible, but their annoyance factor is extremely high. I alt tab and do something else every time I get a planet 5 minute load screen.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.