FPS increase game booster?

DEFAUIT

hey guys im starting this thread becauset the fps on swtor is inconsistant. I can go from 100fps to 20fps just depends on the area. Im not complaining and love the game still. Some one was talking about how he got way higher fps with game booster, anyone else know anything about this and if it can make your fps less inconsistant.

Over the last few months there have been some useful threads regarding either in gasme tweaks, GPU tweaks via software (ATI Catalysy / Nvidia Ctrl Panel) and more recently some tweaks that can be made via the %appdata% SWTOR files.

I play on a mid spec laptop with Core2 DUO 2.2Ghz CPU, 4GB RAM and a lowly Nvidia 8600GS GPU and was only getting around 30 FPS max and alot worse in WZ or in areas like Fleet or Kaas City.... just on low settings.... then I updated to latest drivers and got a bit of a pick up 30-50 FPS for a while but still with some dramatic losses in various places and circumstances.

So then I decided to try a few of the performance tweks in the SWTOR files which again gave some small boosts but when Very Low settingscame in a few days back I suddenly saw FPS reading over 100 in fleet and in variouis previously poor places and then in WZ and heavy combat / crowded instances it was still holding good at 50+ FPS. In fact the worst I started to see was 20-30 FPS in Huttball soo all seems well...

Well until yesterday when all of a sudden everything seemed to go back to how it was a few months back just after launch... FPS was dropping under 10 alot of the time in WZ and even in some story based battles in Nar Shadda and Corruscant... even fl;eet was back to a zig zaggy 5-20FPS FOR ME.. but nothing had changed my end... so not really sure if anything is really having an absolute impact on the FPS issues across the board... I am still of the mind that the optimization of the game just really isn't there (yet).

Game Booster is just a gimmick for people who don't know how to optimize their own computer. You can do all that in msconfig or other places. Just search the net and don't touch that thing. Edited by Dreossk

Are you using the latest nvidia drivers? I hear they are the root cause of these problems, not the game itself. Also, if you have shadows on high, planets like Alderaan will do that as well.

i use amd 6950, not nvidia, should have said sorry.

Are you using the latest nvidia drivers? I hear they are the root cause of these problems, not the game itself. Also, if you have shadows on high, planets like Alderaan will do that as well.

Turning down the shadows really made a difference, thanks!