PVE Dps

Projektzero

For some context I am a level 50 jugg in mostly Columi with some Rakata gear in the Rage spec. I was just wondering if their was a more viable DPS for raids (KP and EV) as my guild does them in nightmare and obviously I want to do the best I can.

Was just wondering on peoples thoughts on gear, spec and what they have found to be most effective for raiding (really only play the character to raid these days). I've heard things about taking out the mods of the PVP vindicator set and putting in PVE mods because the PVP set bonus is better.

Cheers guys.

I'm coming across similar issues when pve grouping end game. I just dont know what to do as a rage jug. Half the time I cant build up and smash without instantly pulling aggro from everything. I was pretty good as an immortal tank, but as a rage jug in pve, I'm kinda at a loss. If I just force choke, crush, sunder, oblit, scream....I'm only putting out 2/3's my dmg. The other 1/3 of my dmg comes from a 5-6k smash that I cant always do. I'm pretty convinced that veng or immortal w/dps gear being the better pve dps specs. (or maybe i need to l2p)

I'm coming across similar issues when pve grouping end game. I just dont know what to do as a rage jug. Half the time I cant build up and smash without instantly pulling aggro from everything. I was pretty good as an immortal tank, but as a rage jug in pve, I'm kinda at a loss. If I just force choke, crush, sunder, oblit, scream....I'm only putting out 2/3's my dmg. The other 1/3 of my dmg comes from a 5-6k smash that I cant always do. I'm pretty convinced that veng or immortal w/dps gear being the better pve dps specs. (or maybe i need to l2p)

I have yet to try rage, but I think your right. Veng doesn't really use smash, so aoe threat isn't really an issue. If and when you do, you can usually take quite a few hits. I just respecced from immortal a couple of days ago, and I have been enjoying it. I'll probably try out rage soon though, but from what I understand everything in between smashes is quite lackluster, but I'm not sure how to interpret that.

As veng (without perfectly optimized gear yet) I'm not hitting for particularly big numbers, but every ability of mine besides the basic assault is hitting consistently for decent numbers. I guess with the cooldown of smash not being so bad it is actually even with rage. Come ot think of it, being able to 1shot packs of trash might actually make rage better.

Look at that, I might have just argued myself into trying rage sooner rather then later lol.

/endramble.

the cool floaty numbers can be deceiving. people tend to attribute DSP to big numbers, so Rage can look better then your just watching little yellow things fly out on your screen.

there's not solid data yet OP, so do what you enjoy. I run Venge, and love it. Smash isn't regular like it is in Rage, but your single target skills hit like trucks, and smash can be beneficial if you learn your radius and use it wisely (it's free in a venge spec, why not?)

But Bio stated that every DPS spec should be within a fe percent of each other. so until a way of testing come out, play what you like.

FYI..the few timed tests I've seen people actually put the time out to do, show Venge Juggs pretty high up on the DPS charts, higher then some of the "pure" dps classes. but this is timed data, not factual testing. but still, it's far better then anecdotal experience.

comparing in PvP is not a good test either...Rage is very much set up to have an advantage in PvP over Venge. Ther eal test is in the Op.

Try killing some low level world bosses. Or if you don't kill them, try and get 100k or 200k damage and time it.

For example, in my half columi/rakata pve veangeace gear with rakata weap, it takes me about 1:15 to get 100k damage done.

Its' quite decent imo and quite competitive with most dps, though you don't get the utility others get.

I play pve and pvp with a rage spec, and it's good. In pve there are bosses against which burst damage is better than sustained. I think the spec is very good as it is for both pve and pvp. In my opinion it does not need a buff nor a nerf. I am all against lowering smash damages in exchange for other abilities damage upgrade. It would destroy the spec.

May be some upgrade in the survivability department, but not that much.

On an other hand I found vengeance being bad. Boring and ineffective. But there are players who love it, so in the end things are equilibrated, and may be, I just suck at playing the vengeance jugg.

Edited by SIDIOUSFAN