Focused Leap

neeman

I had a rather standard 31/7/3 build (http://knotor.com/skills#Ag0fBwMRKjNTYmpxeoqRmqu60tuywsnSywAA) before realizing that the +30% Transcendence speed buff was really very useful in PvP.

I'm now running a 33/7/1 (http://knotor.com/skills#Ag0hBwERKjNKU2JqcXqKkZqrutLbssLJ0skA), having taken two points out of Insight (i.e. +4% Force crit) to get Focused Pursuit. I wonder however whether I really need the two points in Focused Leap, and could instead use those points to regain the 4% crit.

Just wanted to scan the forum for thought before making the switch. Focused Leap is nice and in its own way forgiving, but I'm not convinced it's necessary. Perhaps that's just because I'm too used to having it.

It's one extra focus every, what is the CD on leap, 12 seconds? Since you already picked up Jedi Crusader, it's probably not going to make much of a difference if you drop it.

If I were you, I'd invest those two points in Defensive Roll instead of back into Insight. The damage reduction on AOE can be pretty valuable and a lot of players pick that one up.

It's one extra focus every, what is the CD on leap, 12 seconds? Since you already picked up Jedi Crusader, it's probably not going to make much of a difference if you drop it.

If I were you, I'd invest those two points in Defensive Roll instead of back into Insight. The damage reduction on AOE can be pretty valuable and a lot of players pick that one up.

Right, the one extra Focus every 12s does make it seem rather insignificant. It's really only a guarantee to be able to use a certain opening without either relying upon a RNG Focus from a DoT or using strike. I'm going to spec out of it, surely.

I have seen some streamers taking up Defensive Roll. I question though what the actual value of the AoE damage reduction would be. On Void, sure, it'd be quite significant. But otherwise I imagine (really rough estimate here) that as a rather mobile sentinel maybe 10% of the overall damage I would take would come from AoEs. In which case it's two points for a 3% overall damage reduction as opposed to two points for a 4% increased crit chance. This itself doesn't decide anything but does call into question just how valuable the damage reduction is.

:|. Yeah and you pay an extra global cool down and 2 points for it.

You pay 2 pts for the slow on Cauterize, not for Leg Slash. Leg Slash is given to you by default. If you are slowed while attempting to slow someone, as will happen very often in PvP, you will notice very quickly that the a 30% slow is less than the slow put on you. Even with Inflammation, you will thus have to use the 50% slow on Leg Slash.

'Losing' one GCD is insignificant when compared to losing 3+s getting kited by your opponent.

Edited by neeman