combat simulator on ship

thewatcheruatu

Just a wacky suggestion, perhaps, but something I would actually love to see:

Some sort of combat simulation device on your personal starship, where you could interact with it and it would send you into a virtual reality arena in which you could test out your abilities, improve your rotations, get used to a new spec, etc.

There could be different modes, like survival mode, where you're just swarmed by wave after wave of enemies; nightmare mode, where you have to face super tough bosses that you've encountered throughout the game; and so forth. Hell, maybe you could even earn a little bit of experience for completing objectives.

Anyway, the main reason I'd like to see something like this is because I'm an alt-aholic, and frankly, I may not play a particular character for weeks at a time. When I get back, I basically have to relearn the class, and sometimes, it's just a little risky to do this out in the field. ;)

I think a simpler and probably more doable alternative would be to allow you to duel one or more of your companions aboard your ship.

Combat training without the need for an elaborate instanced system.

Well, I actually perceived this as something that would also be fun to do and therefore a worthwhile mini-game on top of simply a tool for reminding you how to play your class. Basically, it's a single-player arena system. In particular, I've always loved survival style challenges in other games. For example, in fighting games.

Doesn't have to be on the personal starship either, I guess. It could even be a multiplayer game if you wanted it to be.