How do you get social points?

HannableKain

You get social points through group conversation. So speaking to an NPC while in a group will give you social points.

For example, in a flashpoint conversation each dialog option will give you a minimum of 4 social points (while in a 4 man group) and 8 social points if you win the conversation roll.

For fast social points you can do speed runs of either The Esseles (Republic) or The Black Talon (Empire).

I am a republic player and am speculating that The Black Talon gives approximately the same rewards and takes the same amount of time as The Esseles.

The Esseles

Completion Time for Speed Run- Ranges from 10-15 minutes depending on group level

Social Points- From 150-170 on average, you will probably see 170 or more each time

Alignment- I believe its 250 Light/Dark per run

So do a couple speed runs of The Esseles or The Black Talon and your social level will increase very quickly. Remember to use the Spacebar ;).

Thanks the black talon runs, Is that from the fleet station?

I'm semi casual Maybe its the server I'm on but I'm level 30 now seems like everyone is either 50 or not looking for stuff. General chat is usually dead looking for group stuff. Unless I'm not looking in the right places. Figured General would be the best place to look for grouping.

Also, get in a group with friends on ventrilo. If you all choose the same answer to the dialogs, you get more points. 8 every answer on a grp of 4.

I don't believe this is true. It's a misconception generated by the random "conversation winner" roll that determines whose response is reflected in the cinematic.

You get 1 point per person in the group, and the winner of the "conversation roll" (the numbers rolled are displayed next to the player portraits, bottom left, along with whether they chose light side or dark side, when applicable). At least that's how it's been every time I've been in a conversation. My wife's Sage and my Guardian have largely similar outlooks on life and when we're grouped, one of us gets 2 and the other gets 4 Social Points per conversation choice. Every time, and we often agree. As far as toons on different classes with different options agree. Similarly, when our Smugglers were grouped up for instances on Monday, we both repeatedly sassed the scarfaced Impie smugness and only when one of us won the roll did they (the one that won the roll and had their fizzog in the cinematic) get "double" SP. And that's with identical class conversation options.

"More points for agreeing" is a myth. It shouldn't be; agreeing ought to give you more SP. But people who think SP are for grinding would just exploit it, so it can't be that way.