Character Transfer between Accounts please

Daelda

Greetings BioWare,

My family plays TOR, thus we have more than one TOR Account. However, based on the details that were finally revealed about how Legacy will work, we would like to transfer one (or more) Character(s) from one of our accounts to a different account (but on the same Server). Customer Service has advised me that this is not possible at this time. Please look into implementing this feature in the (hopefully near) future. Thank you.

I don't know about that. Seems like allowing such a thing is just *asking* for character selling to become commonplace. They'd have to allow some kind of account linking, to make sure you can't just transfer characters willy-nilly. Even then, I don't know if they do it.

I don't know about that. Seems like allowing such a thing is just *asking* for character selling to become commonplace. They'd have to allow some kind of account linking, to make sure you can't just transfer characters willy-nilly. Even then, I don't know if they do it.

I don't mind if they link the accounts. The accounts are all paid with the same credit card and are linked to the same Security Key, so it is fairly easy to verify that the accounts are owned by the same person. In fact, they are also accessed from the same ISP generally, and we don't often go on vacation (or have any plans of moving anytime soon). I would think that any change to one or more accounts to a credit card with another name/address/Security Key would lead to an investigation. But with all of the above factors, I don't see how this would be a problem.

I am with Daelda on this. My husband and I are on the same account because I wasn't sure I was going to have enough time to really play at first (college and work) and I also wasn't sure I'd really like the game. Well, my time situation has changed since then (and I LOVE the game) and now we both have 50's and would really like to be able to play at the same time.

I understand not wanting to make it easy for character/account selling, however I'm sure there are things they could implement to keep this from happening. I think Daelda makes some good points about how obvious it would be in his particular situation. Our situation would be very similar.

I understand from reading many other posts on this topic that sharing accounts is against the game policy however, I really hope character transfers between accounts are eventually allowed for certain situations like this. I would even be willing to pay a fee to be able to transfer my character onto a new account all my own. I would rather jump through hoops to be able to transfer my character than level another Agent to 50. Not that I didn't enjoy leveling my Agent. It's just that it would be a lot of time lost and it wouldn't be as interesting the second time around seeing as I'd know the whole story line.

I really think they could benefit from allowing character transfers between family members' accounts. With the proper restrictions they could gain many new account subscribers this way.

Edited by Notepad

I have the same issue. My boyfriend bought the game when it came out. However, I couldn't afford my own account and my laptop at the time couldn't run the game. So I just made a character on his to play until I was able to come up with the money to buy my own copy. Now I have a few characters on his account that I put a lot of hard work into and I'm having to start from scratch on my own account. I wouldn't mind paying some kind of fee to transfer and linking isn't an issue for me either due to the fact that we're also paying from the same credit card. I think this would be an awesome feature but with limitations of course.

• 3 years later...

So Frustrating, I just created my own account because I was getting yelled at for playing on the main account too much, I even bought a subscription. I wanted to trade my character from the main account over to my new one, but it turns out that there is no account trading method.

I'm paying you money now, guys! I would like to play my character, on my own account, so please implement an account trading system fairly soon. I really don't want to have to start from scratch again.

Thank you.