Companion at 50 (For Dailies and solo stuff) as a healer?

Freeborne

Who do you use as your companion, combat medics?

I'm nearly full Rakata as Gunnery, but I might take the plunge into combat medic spec to help my guild out.

I absolutely love how fast I can complete dailies as Gunnery. With Dorne out I can solo all but the 4 man--and with a little bit of cunning I can solo those too.

So, in your experience, what companion provides you with the best DPS combination to take complete daily quests really fast?

I did the same last night...went from gunnery to CM spec and would like to hear this answer as well. I can tell you who it's not...4X. I have him equipped with tanking mods and enhances from the dailies and I used him yesterday to do dailies, uncluding the heroic 2s and I can tell you this...we completed them...but not quickly at all. Lesson learned on Belsavis took probably 45 or 50 minutes alone. It was very safe...the only time 4X came close to death was on the melee champion when I spent too much time DPSing and forgot to heal.

Debating between trying Vik or Jorgen next.

I use Jorgan. He does far more DPS than 4X, and survives well.

If a fight is too tough, I use Dorne and heal tank it, since I do a lot more damage than 4X and its a lot easier to micromanage myself than him.

I was Combat Medic from level 10 on. I used M1-4X from the moment I got him till now.

I only use M1-4X for Heroic 2+'s and Heroic 4's at this point, he's in all 50-51 epic tanking armoring/mods/enhancements. I use Aric Jorgan for everything else, he's in nearly full Columi.

Often times I prefer M1-4X to tank over players because I get to control how smart he is versus hoping random person knows what to do and can execute.

So, I wouldn't focus on one pet. Pick a tank and a DPS to use as needed. At this point all my companions are in Tionese+ but I hate melee classes and Elara heals which is useless, hence my choices.

Who do you use as your companion, combat medics?

I'm nearly full Rakata as Gunnery, but I might take the plunge into combat medic spec to help my guild out.

I absolutely love how fast I can complete dailies as Gunnery. With Dorne out I can solo all but the 4 man--and with a little bit of cunning I can solo those too.

So, in your experience, what companion provides you with the best DPS combination to take complete daily quests really fast?

I would think you'd want a tank companion out like M1-4x or Vik. Having said that, on my tunes that I have on a PvP server I keep a DPS companion out because tanks don't cut it against other players IMHO.