Stop making things so easy!

Remec

Easier games are more inclusive and thus tend to do better. The trend in electronic gaming generally is towards easier, more casual, and immediately rewarding play experiences. I understand why this causes consternation among those who are used to a more challenging play experience, but I don't expect it to change materially.

Hardcore video game experiences are considered niche and there's no way a 9 figure budget game is going niche as its primary play experience.

Easy games are for kids who have parents that don't care for them. Its easier to sit a kid in front of a computer for a couple hours than it is to actually be a parent. I want a game for adults that is challenging where kids are going to complain because things are too hard.

Easy games are for kids who have parents that don't care for them. Its easier to sit a kid in front of a computer for a couple hours than it is to actually be a parent. I want a game for adults that is challenging where kids are going to complain because things are too hard.

That's an interesting outlook. However, please note, I was not arguing for or against a particular difficulty. The fact is that games are being made easier and more casual. MMORPGs are still considered 'hardcore' by many no matter how easy.

If you noticed most of the changed are only posted as "until patch 1.6" I think they want to reward the players that "took the plunge" and bought the game KNOWING it would start out broken and bugged, after that a large number of the changes are being reversed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.