Just hit 40 - question about Annhilate

sevenfootbill

I've leveled in the annhilation tree and am a bit confused about the tooltip for Annhilate.

I see that it can stack but it seems a bit odd that you have 3 seconds to re-apply it (lasts for 15 seconds with a cooldown of 12 seconds) I get that if you are able to re-apply it drops the CD and will be easier to apply, but is it really a 3 second window at first? or am I missing something?

Since I pvp a lot I had a hard time working that into my rotation.

Thanks for the help!

Yes it's a 3 second window that enlarges as you stack the buff by repeatedly using Annihilate within the window. It's sort of a dumb mechanic that's mostly in place to make the spec more of a sustained damage spec.

I would be really happy, if I could

a) get the opportunity for even a second Annihilate, before the buff runs out. Usually it wears off, before I get into another fight, where the opponent doesn't stun, knockback or root me, before I could take the swing.

b) get a cost reduction on Annihilate, because anyway i count and manage my Rage, i tend to be lower than required. One more Assault, push Annihilate... still 1 stack, damn, I was late.

c) make the buff icons bigger, so I see at first glance, how many stacks I have on fury and annihilator, how many time left on deadly saber, and how many rage i have currently.

Looking at the bottom of the screen is tiresome.

I would be really happy, if I could

a) get the opportunity for even a second Annihilate, before the buff runs out. Usually it wears off, before I get into another fight, where the opponent doesn't stun, knockback or root me, before I could take the swing.

b) get a cost reduction on Annihilate, because anyway i count and manage my Rage, i tend to be lower than required. One more Assault, push Annihilate... still 1 stack, damn, I was late.

c) make the buff icons bigger, so I see at first glance, how many stacks I have on fury and annihilator, how many time left on deadly saber, and how many rage i have currently.

Looking at the bottom of the screen is tiresome.

With the power/CD annihilate has, it needs an higher rage cost. Annihilation can make rage on its bleed, and its easy enough to get cloak of pain to build rage on hit by going 31/2.

So I very much agree with 5 rage cost for such a strong attack on 7,5sec cooldown.

Now, you cannot expect to build annihilate on normal encounters. It shows vs elite and above.

Don't forget annihilation has force charge as a permanent rage builder, as well as battering assault, the bleeds AND force choke. You have lots of tools to manage your rage.