Meaningful measures for PvP rank

Bamajawn

Let's not turn this discussion into another gear vs. no gear thread as there are plenty of those out there. I'd rather not have another argument about whether time in game = skill if you please.

My question is - What are meaningful measures of PvP performance that should be considered when a rank is given to a player in a ranked warzone? Should win/loss ratio be considered? What about objectives met? Damage? Kills?

My opinion is that team matches have too many variables involved to easily provide truly relevant data. As an example, a player is killed by 3 enemies. Should that death count the same as a death in a 1v1 duel?

I think that 1v1 duels would provide the most meaningful (and easiest to obtain) results for ranking. There's also a great deal of prestige involved when all other players are taken out of the equation. No one gets carried... there are no excuses (assuming that players are similarly equipped). What are the measures for 1v1 PvP? Wins? Damage?

However, I do believe there should also be ranking in teams as well as 1v1 duels. I'd love to see BW have separate rankings for each type of match, and I'm not quite clear on their stated direction for ranked warzones. I'd enjoy hearing and considering the opinions of the PvP player base here.

Edited by Bamajawn