Has anyone tried this build?

Danscall

Link to TOR Head

Build.

The basic idea is to lose the speedy cooldown of Challenging Call and replace it (because it's pretty much all we need in that tree) with some extra survivability and damage. Force Leap gives you 20% damage reduction for 6 seconds, and Guardian Leap the same for 4 seconds. That helps keep us alive, which is always nice. The tradeoff with being less able to reduce damage to our allies is added damage for ourselves; Overhead slash gives Blade Storm and Dispatch a 60% chance to crit within 9 seconds (which you can boost to 66% with some other skills. The cooldowns of Overhead Slash and Blade Storm are reduced a fair bit to help put that damage out more regularly.

Has anyone given this a go? How did you get on?

Yes except my two points are in blade barricade and not profound resolution. Friend of mine recommended this build since I needed one that was effective in both PvP and PvE and not have to respec all the time. I haven't looked back since. The 6% boost on Endurance is cool as is Unremitting which really surprises those pesky lightning spammers.

Even if they buff the defense tree up I might just stick with this build because it makes me feel much more useful, even if you are just a straight up PvE tank.