Merc Healing in WZ's

Amien

Just healed my first warzone at level 20! I was alot of fun! managed 82k heals 86k DPS One thing I'm really enjoying is the heals are MUCH larger than my Sorc's. I'm still not used to thinking, "Oh no! He's at 5% health - Bubble!!-> heal". So I have to really focus on HP more now. I'm also greatly missing my get away skills. :( My merc is sitting at 17-18% damage reduction atm so yeah, it's pretty tough. haha

One thing that I don't really understand is Kolto Missile. It just seems kind of lackluster since it only heals for about half of healing scan. Also, what dictates who gets the 3 man heal if you fire it into a group of 5?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated! So far, I'm really enjoying the healing aspect of it, My favorite thing about this class is if managed properly, I'll never run out of resources!

One thing that I don't really understand is Kolto Missile. It just seems kind of lackluster since it only heals for about half of healing scan. Also, what dictates who gets the 3 man heal if you fire it into a group of 5?

You will get more armor to pump that reduction in damage higher.

Kolto missile heals about 1k non crit, 2k crit. So don't expect to AE a healing scan with it, but it is useful when you are moving as well as the buffs it can apply. The 3 people healed by it are the 3 people closest to the center of the target when the missile actually lands. If they are at the right spot when it is fired, but moved away before it lands, they dont get healed, so it is a tricky ability to use in pvp at far distances.

Yeah I am still reluctant to invest time in a merc or a PT, mainly because I just got my sorc (Healing) to level 50 and I WILL NOT play an arsenal merc. I despise having to spam one ability. I realize that the good ones use other skills, but the whole tree in itself revolves too much on the heat signatures for my liking.

I'm divided because I love the healing BH, but I've never tanked in an MMO at end game before! I'm not sure if I'll like it or not, but at the same time having 2 end game healers seems kind of pointless. :(

Kolto missile should basically be a spam type utility to apply the healing bonus it gives to whomever might need it in the future. Not to mention when you get your gas cylinders it can apply a shield as well. Otherwise it really isn't super great at actual healing. That said, I use it all the time because it still is an instant heal you can throw out on the move that is better than rapid shots. If you enjoy healing then stick with the class, it gets more interesting the higher you get in the tree.

Just a heads up, go ahead and start picking up gear with crit on it if you plan on saving yourself some grief healing through heroics or mid lvl FPs.

My kolto missile heals for like 400 atm, can't wait for that day it heals for 1k lol. Just swapped to bodyguard from arsenal at lvl 21. Now I'm actually having fun with the class

With full champ gear its moving from 890-1120 (aprox) without crit. The true power is the healing buff and with supercharge cilinder its little bubble 10% dmg reduction. Compared to sorc I miss little more utility,like a pull or buble but who cares..playing full BH bodyguard is a lot of fun

Just healed my first warzone at level 20! I was alot of fun! managed 82k heals 86k DPS One thing I'm really enjoying is the heals are MUCH larger than my Sorc's. I'm still not used to thinking, "Oh no! He's at 5% health - Bubble!!-> heal". So I have to really focus on HP more now. I'm also greatly missing my get away skills. :( My merc is sitting at 17-18% damage reduction atm so yeah, it's pretty tough. haha

Any tips would be greatly appreciated! So far, I'm really enjoying the healing aspect of it, My favorite thing about this class is if managed properly, I'll never run out of resources!

I congratulate you on coming aboard with those of us who shoot green stuff out of our guns! The numbers you posted sound great, but it also sounds like you were trying to do way to much DPS. While DPS is often important, your job is to heal and if are DPS'ing, not only are you NOT healing, you're buliding heat which will prevent you from healing when the hit sits the fan.

Merc healers are the big heal bomb class. We can dumo out 10-20k healing on one person in just a couple of globals, or bring an entire warzone group from near death to full help. We are complimented well by our IA and Sorc friends and when both are on a team, the likelyhood of winning has increased exponentially.

The Merc is the bodyguard as the healing tree clearly states. We are unmatched for keeping two persons alive, one of which is ourselved. We can often stretch that into solo healing an entire Warzone with narry a loss of life. Our class, when played well and supported well by our team is one of the few that can be considered a game changer.

Use Kolto Missle to add a healing buff to your groupmates, to heal yourself whlie moving, and sometimes for a small topper or booster heal for a group of people. The 5% healing buff is a really big deal and is not to be overlooked, the missle also has no cast time so when you are under heavy interrupt/cc pressure you can quite often get it off, Kolto Shell, and a Healing Scan in the aggrivators downtime, combined with BIO that's usually enough to take me from near zero to max health in a very short amount of time.

Most importantly, keep enjoying the class and the dynamics of being a healer in a worl that is packed with action, as a healer it's easy to make friends and find people to play with! Master your class, that is my challenge to you sir.

I congratulate you on coming aboard with those of us who shoot green stuff out of our guns! The numbers you posted sound great, but it also sounds like you were trying to do way to much DPS. While DPS is often important, your job is to heal and if are DPS'ing, not only are you NOT healing, you're buliding heat which will prevent you from healing when the hit sits the fan.

Merc healers are the big heal bomb class. We can dumo out 10-20k healing on one person in just a couple of globals, or bring an entire warzone group from near death to full help. We are complimented well by our IA and Sorc friends and when both are on a team, the likelyhood of winning has increased exponentially.

The Merc is the bodyguard as the healing tree clearly states. We are unmatched for keeping two persons alive, one of which is ourselved. We can often stretch that into solo healing an entire Warzone with narry a loss of life. Our class, when played well and supported well by our team is one of the few that can be considered a game changer.

Use Kolto Missle to add a healing buff to your groupmates, to heal yourself whlie moving, and sometimes for a small topper or booster heal for a group of people. The 5% healing buff is a really big deal and is not to be overlooked, the missle also has no cast time so when you are under heavy interrupt/cc pressure you can quite often get it off, Kolto Shell, and a Healing Scan in the aggrivators downtime, combined with BIO that's usually enough to take me from near zero to max health in a very short amount of time.

Most importantly, keep enjoying the class and the dynamics of being a healer in a worl that is packed with action, as a healer it's easy to make friends and find people to play with! Master your class, that is my challenge to you sir.

Couldn't agree with you more. I love healing on my merc, I will never, ever go back to DPS.

I only consider switching to DPS for lvling. Being heals it's pretty slow. PUG WZs make me want to throw my keyboard much of the time. I lucked out and latched onto a tank for a day of WZs....too bad he was 49 and hit 50. Gotta find some other people that aren't part of the ADD generation and can watch a node without running at anyone that passes by.