Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

BioWare - PLEASE CREATE NEW ARMOR AND WEAPON DESIGNS FOR IA!

sinkingsouls

As many of you have noticed, IA's are powerful if used right. Except there's one thing that hurts this class. The way our armor has been designed. The difference between the looks of armor and weaponry at level 10 to level 50 is very slim. IA's don't get that "Bad ***" look as other classes do. As a level 50 might have very powerful weapons and armor, yet look like a level 10 noob. I just wish they could at least come up with nicer models for IA's custom armor and weaponry. -Proud IA-

i really like the look of the Rakata Field-Tech Set. It is one of the best looking sets in the Game. The only part i would like to have changed is the Head but this part can be switched off... so problem is gone :). Also the PvP Set looks nice (exept of the "c'mon and f*** me" boots).

Overall they give us a kind of understatement look. We are looking like charming and cute guys but if someone is showing up at the wrong end of our Sniperrifle he gets a very bad awakening. :D

i really like the look of the Rakata Field-Tech Set. It is one of the best looking sets in the Game. The only part i would like to have changed is the Head but this part can be switched off... so problem is gone :). Also the PvP Set looks nice (exept of the "c'mon and f*** me" boots).

Overall they give us a kind of understatement look. We are looking like charming and cute guys but if someone is showing up at the wrong end of our Sniperrifle he gets a very bad awakening. :D

I like those boots! i have a set kinda like em at home. Honestly, i wish there was more SNIPER-ish gear. the endgame pve gear is definatly assasin like, perfect for operatives, but for snipers its kinda silly. Also... i would really like to see endgame sniper rifles that LOOK LIKE FRACKING SNIPER RIFLES. Seriously, i think the operative's rifle is longer then ours.... also, before the jokes, Women can be size-queens too boys.

I like those boots! i have a set kinda like em at home. Honestly, i wish there was more SNIPER-ish gear. the endgame pve gear is definatly assasin like, perfect for operatives, but for snipers its kinda silly. Also... i would really like to see endgame sniper rifles that LOOK LIKE FRACKING SNIPER RIFLES. Seriously, i think the operative's rifle is longer then ours.... also, before the jokes, Women can be size-queens too boys.

the barrel length of the gun matters when shooting plasma. True story.

I haven't looked at the end game armor yet but so far (level 45) I love the IA armor. I've used the entire Panther set since early levels and haven't changed it because it's so nice to look at.

What I hate is the ridiculous high fantasy korean MMO style armor that is created for a lot of the BM gear I've seen for other classes.

Edited by TheRealCandyMan

whats really lacking in the armor is the helmets for instance the pve helmets look exactly the same as a 41 green like really? and the pvp one is just a pair of goggles like get a lil creative bioware?

the barrel length of the gun matters when shooting plasma. True story.

Actually the length of the barrel would matter. In order to fire a projectile of any type you have to apply force to move the projectile. Force is described by the following equation:

F = m*a

where:

F = force

m = mass

a = acceleration

For the purposes of this discussion, the mass of the projectile is irrelevant and can be considered arbitrary. The take-away point here is that you apply force to a projectile in order to accelerate it.

In a projectile propulsion system like the kind you might use for a plasma gun (combustion, rail gun, coil gun, etc.) the amount of time that force is being applied to the projectile is directly proportional to the length of the barrel simply because it takes longer for the projectile to exit the barrel. As soon as the projectile leaves the barrel, the force is no longer being applied to the projectile, thus the projectile is no longer being accelerated. Velocity is defined as:

v = a*t

where:

v = velocity

a = acceleration

t = time

Therefore, the longer the projectile is being accelerated, the higher the muzzle velocity of the projectile will be. With plasma you have the advantage of the projectile being able to burn your target. However, the higher the muzzle velocity, the more killing power you have.

TL:DR - Size matters.

Edited by Balduvar

As many of you have noticed, IA's are powerful if used right. Except there's one thing that hurts this class. The way our armor has been designed. The difference between the looks of armor and weaponry at level 10 to level 50 is very slim. IA's don't get that "Bad ***" look as other classes do. As a level 50 might have very powerful weapons and armor, yet look like a level 10 noob. I just wish they could at least come up with nicer models for IA's custom armor and weaponry. -Proud IA-

I'm trying to fathom how you managed to linke "Bad ***" with any of the other endgame pve/pvp sets.

Bounty Hunter Sets: Illogical jetpack design, satellite dish for a helmet.

Sorceror Sets: Steampunk clown with lightning rods sticking out of your shoulders.

Warrior Sets: The bastard love-child of optimus prime and the T-1000.

None of the endgame pvp or pvp sets look 'awesome' right now. They all look like crap, and they all diverge from the armor design that their respective classes use from 1-50.

Right now agents have the LEAST horrible looking gear set, other than the helmets.

The funny thing about what looks bad *** is...its all situational. Your bad *** may look lame to most others. While I actually like the simple style of armors that we do get. Be it the military padded armor suits, the officer uniform, or the trench coats. I also like the helm options we get...visors/goggles can go with just about anything, while some of the helms look better with their matching armor peices.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.