The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Tanks and relics

tehweebl

So, I've been using tank matrix and Shield Amp Device (absorb proc relic) ever since I got'em. While I'm happy with them, I wonder if I wouldn't be better off with a click relic instead of one of the above. It would allow me to cycle my CDs more effectively.

What are your thoughts on this?

I suppose using a click relic over the absorb proc would give you a bit more control (you decide when it gets used). I'm pretty sure though that overall the absorb proc's will net you more damage reduction.

There is nothing in the game (so far) that has enough burst for me to want to pop multiple cool-downs to survive through, so I think sticking with the absorb proc relic is the way to go for now.

It also 'feels' right, giving a bit more consistent mitigation than a big chunk once every 3min, sort of in line with our mitigation tanking.

I prefer the click relic over the absorb proc. When it comes to a boss fight and a healer goes down or the group takes a large amount of AOE damage, I can pop on all my damage mitigation and give the healers a 20sec break.