Holocron -> Timeline ?

Unknownps

When is the next chapter/ Timeline Video coming out?

its seems since launce the website has basically been frozen with very few and far between updates to the main page at all..

there have been no updates to Screenshots/wallpapers etc in 2012..

is this game already going the way of warhammer online?

Edited by Unknownps

I know. I've been patiently waiting and haven't seen anything. I almost got suckered into buying the collectors edition of the game because I thought it had a DVD containing all the timeline entries. But alas it's just a book, but at least I found that out before I wasted my money though.

BW can you put out an updated timeline file? It was something I looked forward too....

There won't be a one.

Officially the remaining videos would be supposedly too far removed from the game's time to matter, but I blame the Jedi fans' outrage after the last video over the mild criticism against the Sith genocide and possibly Dark Horse, which is currently re-writing the pre-history of the Jedi - of which many of the remaining videos would have dealt with - in it's new comic series called the Dawn of the Jedi:

http://unjoe.yuku.com/topic/6224/Dawn-of-the-Jedi-by-Ostrander-and-Duursema#.T1fscPVy0rg

DH's vision has clear differences between Bioware's version as seen revealed on Tython.

Edited by Rouge

There won't be a one.

Officially the remaining videos would be supposedly too far removed from the game's time to matter, but I blame the Jedi fans' outrage after the last video over the mild criticism against the Sith genocide and possibly Dark Horse, which is currently re-writing the pre-history of the Jedi - of which many of the remaining videos would have dealt with - in it's new comic series called the Dawn of the Jedi:

http://unjoe.yuku.com/topic/6224/Dawn-of-the-Jedi-by-Ostrander-and-Duursema#.T1fscPVy0rg

DH's vision has clear differences between Bioware's version as seen revealed on Tython.

??? Then why is the timeline up and showing those items at all? What's the purpose of leaving the other entries out there with a message "this holorecord for this historical event is unavailable at this time".

Maybe they've got this setup so that we get a new one after each patch or addition to the game? Either way it would be nice to see some kinda hint on how often they plan to update it. Sorry but I'm not buying it that they're stopping their entire holonet timeline because of a little "backlash"....

Forgive me but are you a dev? Where was this stated?

Oh, I forgive you. :p;)

Q: Why do you think the timeline entries stopped getting made?

Truth is as we went further and further back in time, the entries would become less and less relevant to the current game. We wanted them to be in some way relevant, so we took the decision to put them on hiatus.

It's still possible we'll restart them but it's probably more likely that we'll do something that's 'Timeline-like' but has more relevance to the game as it expands.

We mustn't forget, though, the conflict at the heart of the great hyperspace war and the war we fight today began even before the sith empire rose to power.

That's the last thing he says in the latest entry. I would love to hear what that is all about, and to me it sounds very relevant to the current story.

But then, it seems Bioware stopped caring about story altogether, if the legacy-perks are any indicator. We'll see how big a role the fourth pillar will play further down the road.