Are the odds of playing a Chiss Sorcerer 0?

Solomace

Hi peeps,

I understand that the Chiss are not force sensitive, however aberrations can occur, so with the upcoming legacy stuff and the possibility of playing races from both sides, what are the odds of a Chiss Sorcerer or JK?

I'm just spitballing and I know lore doesn't have this, however weren't the Chiss only discovered 3000 years later during the outbound flight and Thrawn etc, yet 3000 years before, here we have the Chiss on the Empire side, so this game as we know is only casual lore (and even less canon).

Thoughts?

Cheers peeps.

Actually, the Chiss are just largely unknown to the rest of the galaxy, and thats why most don't know about them 3000 + years later. They are in the game now because while the Empire was hiding out on Dromund Kaas for the last 1000 years, they found the Chiss and signed a treaty with them. The Chiss would join the Empire as an ally. Thats why there are Chiss BH's and Agents. But they are unknown many years later because the Empire in SWTOR lost (obviously) and was largely forgotten. Given that, I would highly doubt you would see a Chiss on any republic class in the future. On the Sith Inquisitor/Warrior? Maybe, but doubtful, since they aren't force sensitive. But, you never know. Edited by DarkLots

Uh, Chiss can be Force Sensitive. There have been Chiss Jedi and Dark Jedi, just not for another 3600 years. The problem is they shun their Force Sensitives, causing them to hide their abilities.

Ahh, so it could be a possiblity.

Well that's encouraging.

Cheers.

Actually, the Chiss are just largely unknown to the rest of the galaxy, and thats why most don't know about them 3000 + years later. They are in the game now because while the Empire was hiding out on Dromund Kaas for the last 1000 years, they found the Chiss and signed a treaty with them. The Chiss would join the Empire as an ally. Thats why there are Chiss BH's and Agents. But they are unknown many years later because the Empire in SWTOR lost (obviously) and was largely forgotten. Given that, I would highly doubt you would see a Chiss on any republic class in the future. On the Sith Inquisitor/Warrior? Maybe, but doubtful, since they aren't force sensitive. But, you never know.

Okay, but it seems a bit far fetch that no records at all show that the Chiss were once allies with the Empire? No holocrons/datacrons anything at all that shows this race has already been discovered.

Whilst playing my consular, there was a mission to save a Chiss that was defecting, but unfortunately he's dead when you get to him, so it may not be too far fetched that one might join the Rep. If not a Jedi then a Trooper or Smuggler if they are not Force Senstative.

If it was me, I would let everyone have a choice of what race they want (currently in game) and let them be what class they want with that race (tinfoil hat on btw). Yes, I would even let Sith Purebloods be a JK.

If Drizzt Do'urden can break from the norm, why not a Pureblood? :)

Laters.

Okay, but it seems a bit far fetch that no records at all show that the Chiss were once allies with the Empire? No holocrons/datacrons anything at all that shows this race has already been discovered.

Whilst playing my consular, there was a mission to save a Chiss that was defecting, but unfortunately he's dead when you get to him, so it may not be too far fetched that one might join the Rep. If not a Jedi then a Trooper or Smuggler if they are not Force Senstative.

If it was me, I would let everyone have a choice of what race they want (currently in game) and let them be what class they want with that race (tinfoil hat on btw). Yes, I would even let Sith Purebloods be a JK.

If Drizzt Do'urden can break from the norm, why not a Pureblood? :)

Laters.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1219843p1.html

"Getting to level 50 will unlock that character's race for all classes you create thereafter, bypassing the regular class and race restrictions. "If you were to play a character to level 50 with all the races, you could create any class of any race," said Ohlen. "We know that not many people are going to do that because it's kind of crazy, so we also gave the option for players to purchase some of the unlocks." Ohlen said the race purchases will be made only with in-game currency."

Well, based on what we know of legacy, I can pretty much guarantee that there will be at least some Chiss JK's/Sages. Whether you want to go through the steps to make one yourself? No clue.

That being said, the whole "chiss being part of empire" seems completely retconned in specifically for TOR. Guess Thrawn was popular, dark elves are popular, so having chiss made financial sense.