Sentinel guide

Thorboar

I'm a level 48 Sentinel Watchman PVE build which I leveled running only solo. So I do not have any experience in running in groups so I feel a little imtimidated at level 48. I wish I had run in some group missions while leveling to get the experience. Anyway, are there any good guides specifically for sentinel builds? Just so I know what my roles would be in a group.

Check out Sentinel - A Primer by Maefly in the Jedi Sentinel Forums. It's a Sticky at the top of the forum list. Should give you some tips on builds for each spec.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=47695

Your role as a Sentinel is strictly damage dealing, but we're great in a group since we have a few group buffs that are awesome for the entire party.

Edited by GhostriderHawk

Lacking healing, tanking and long CC (besides Disable Droid) abilities, your role is as straightforward as it gets: deal damage.

Typically, tanks focus top-down - that is, they tank the toughest mobs first, while DPS focuses bottom-up - regular mobs first.

You also have a low cooldown interrupt, use it as often as possible (many bosses are immune though).

It's pretty simple, and you'll figure things out quickly. If you have questions, ask your group.

I think the guy before said it best: Tanks will grab aggro on the strongest enemy while your job will be to kill the weakest mobs first and move up.

The main reasoning behind this is it takes less time to kill a weaker mob and although they do less damage than an Elite or other enemy, it's still comparable.

Most importantly as a Sentinel just do damage. As for utility, Zen heals can be a nice boost especially if your healer is pulling some damage and you have a variety of defensive CDs that can really help you out and will make your healer's job less difficult. Remember Riposte and Saber Ward straight reduce damage, Force Camouflage will dump your aggro (likely to your tank) if you pull more than you can handle, Guarded by the Force will make your almost invincible and should be used as your last resort if you're going to die, and Awe stuns the entire group (except droids) which can give your whole party a couple seconds to catch their breath.