Gunnery Calculator Testing

RuQu

At the link in my signature, I've added a Gunnery DPS calculator to my Combat Medic program. The stat conversions all come out right, and the Hammer Shot damage is correct, but, since I'm a Combat Medic, I need assistance testing it out.

Version 1.0.9b has the Gunnery calculator in it.

If you want to help, please check the numbers it produces against your numbers in game, compare the rotation it does to what you think a Gunnery rotation would look like, and look for strange effects that don't make sense.

To compare a damage value from the output on the right, those are "Expected Damage" numbers. They smooth out crit over every cast. To get them to match the average of your tooltip, you would need to back out the crit.

Damage/[(1-crit)+crit(1+surge)] = (avg of tooltip values).

Please point out any mistakes, errors, improper assumptions, bugs, random stupidity on my part, etc. and I will try and find the source and resolve the problem and get this tool up and running for the community.

I cant seem to change the window size. I cant see the bottom of the screen. Also it looks like in the rotation window it doesnt use HIB alot. I was under the understanding it should be done asap when you have 5 stacks. Also when changing the usage of HS and RC seems to lower my dps. I thought you use HS when about 7ammo and RC at 3-4. when i change it to that valve it lowers my dps by 200ish Edited by Tyious

I cant seem to change the window size. I cant see the bottom of the screen. Also it looks like in the rotation window it doesnt use HIB alot. I was under the understanding it should be done asap when you have 5 stacks. Also when changing the usage of HS and RC seems to lower my dps. I thought you use HS when about 7ammo and RC at 3-4. when i change it to that valve it lowers my dps by 200ish

I know the window size issue...and it doesn't show up on my (unreleased) version, so I'm guessing I caught that already.

You should have 5 GR casts between your HIB casts if it is doing it at 5 stacks. When I run it, I find that to be true in my output window. It seems like a lot because of all the HS and FA casts in between them.

Keep in mind that if you drop below 8 Ammo, you will regen slower. I calculate regen on the 0.5 second tick, so if you drop to 7.9 then cast HS, you will regen 0.18+0.6 = 0.78 Ammo instead of 0.9 during that HS, and that will decrease your DPS in the long run.

You can set RC lower than GR, since it only switches to HS if RC is on cooldown.

I get a peak at using HS when you drop below 10 and using RC at 4, with two points in Cell Capacitor.

It would be really helpful if you could list for me all of your stats and skill settings from the calculator, and then tell me what the tooltips read for your HIB, GR, FA, MV, and HS.

If you click "Save Stats" you can just copy and paste the contents of Commando_stats.txt into a post instead of typing them all out by hand.

Thanks. I don't have the time to tear into it right now, I've been working on some Combat Medic tool theory all day and I'd like to play a little before the weekend ends, but I'll use those numbers of yours to try and do some verification of my outputs during the coming week.

Are the crit chance, accuracy, etc all lining up with what you see in game?

Thanks. I hadn't seen it yet, but I will look into those listed issues.

On Alacrity...it can produce strange results, the primary reason being that it changes the rotation and there are resource interactions that can result in a decreased overall DPS, even if you are making the best choice based on the info you have on hand since a DPS character will always be chain casting.

• 1 month later...
updated for 1.2 yet?

Sadly, no. I've been a bit disillusioned with SWTOR lately since the patch and am having trouble caring enough to log in, let alone code for it.

I hadn't realized there was a lot of use of the Gunnery calc since I mostly work with the healer community.

If you were a fan of it before I can probably muster up the effort to put together some updates soon.

I loved it and some people in my guild use it, But I know how you are feeling trust me. Part of me wants to go back to wow... but I still enjoy this game.

I think I can whip up Gunnery pretty fast. CM took time because I had to actually simulate TP now, so I figured I might as well port it over to my new version which I was doing from scratch to better track independent timers.

Let me make sure I have the correct list of changes relevant to Gunnery:

• CoF now has a 45% chance to proc.
  • DR and GR had their damage modified (I'll pull the exact values out of the data files)
  • MF now reduces cast time instead of cost, and CB/GR now cost less and take longer to cast untalented.
  • Field Training now only adds 3% crit.

Anything else relevant to DPS?

I need to run to the grocery store, but if you respond before I get back I can probably whip that up while my roast is cooking and upload a Gunnery only simulator tonight.

I'm planning to try the TERA Open Beta this weekend. If I enjoy that game, which is actually focusing their resources on gameplay, I'm not sure how much I'll be around. My sub doesn't expire until July 21st or so, though. I guess August now with the free month. Just send me a PM or reply to this thread if they patch in any other changes between now and then and I can download the patch and update for you.

As requested,Gunnery Only Calculator updated for Patch 1.2.

Please give that a quick test and see if it is giving reasonable answers. I just changed the values around, so it should work fine but I'd appreciate a quick check.

It should also run faster as well, since I changed the way it tracked ability usage to eliminate string comparisons, which I've been told are much slower than integer comparisons.

When I get the motivation to finish my proper 1.2 simulator it will generate all the shiny graphs and everything for you automatically, but this version still uses the old output method you are used to.