Annhilation rage starvation

AGSThomas

I'm a new Anni Marauder. I play mostly PvP so I'm specced that way. I chose as many rage builders as possible yet I'm still rage starved a lot. my rotation is charge > deadly sabers > battering > rupture > annhilate. Now I have a lot of rage. But I have nothing to cast because everythnig is on cooldown (except ravage) What do you do after your dots are applied aside from run around witha mean face until your rupture is ready again?

Theres times when I'm 1v1ing and I have no rage halfway through the battle to do a saber throw or even disruption and I literally have to wait til battering or charge is up again. I know of course I'm doing something wrong cause lots of people on here talk about Anni being a God spec.

Vicous slash, as anni u should be specd for rage return so the net loss is only two rage, and u can use regular saber strike as a rage builder if battering assault is on cd. Theres also deadly throw.

What he said. Vicious Slash is your dump move, but if you over extend you will find yourself starved. Honestly, just keep at it and you'll get more comfortable managing your rage.

Nothing sucks more when you get the drop on someone and don't have the rage to lay out your whole rotation on them, lol.

There are times when you can dump 9 rage in 2 GCD. For this reason, you want to try to keep yourself at 9+ rage at all times. When you cap and have no bleeds or annihilate to cast due to cooldowns, you use the first second of ravage (interrupt it halfway through) and/or vicious slash.

You want to try to bounce between capped on rage and 2 away from capped at all times. Once you get 3 stacks of Annihilator (7s cooldown on annihilate) you will basically only have the rage income to use bleeds and annihilate every time they are up. If you specced into the talent that sometimes gives free rage on bleed ticks, you may occasionally have enough extra rage to vicious slash.

There are basically 2 times that you want to use Vicious Slash.

1: you are rage capped

2: Battering Assault will be off cooldown in 1-2 GCDs, and you have no other rage dump abilities up (annihilate or bleeds), so you burn off enough rage that you wouldn't go over cap by using Battering Assault.

If you have retaliation available, think about using assault+retaliation at the same time. Takes the same GCD as vicious slash does, but only results in a net 1 loss of rage rather than 2 and does more damage than a vicious slash will do.

The only cases in which I wouldn't use assault+retaliation are obviously when retaliation isn't available and when my rupture cooldown wasn't reset from my annihilate.