Need some advice.

NotoriousJay

So I have a level 50 mercenary and i'm trying to decide which class to roll as a melee alt. I already have a level 50 marauder but i'm still torn between keeping that or rolling an assassin. I'm annihiliation specced as a marauder and I would probably play as a deception specced assassin because I like the idea of very high burst damage.

If anyone could give me some comparisons and information on how they compare to eachother in PvP that would be much appreciated, thanks :)

I have seen the high valor assassin in my guild start a marauder alt because that was more the playstyle he wanted as melee DPS. He was of the opinion that Darkness is the only "strong" spec in the class and he did not particularly enjoy that playstyle.

He was disappointed in deception.

I would note that he is the best PvPer I've encountered and is getting even more ridiculous results out of other classes- marauder and merc.

edit: probably what you really want is an operative.

Edited by Delillo

So I have a level 50 mercenary and i'm trying to decide which class to roll as a melee alt. I already have a level 50 marauder but i'm still torn between keeping that or rolling an assassin. I'm annihiliation specced as a marauder and I would probably play as a deception specced assassin because I like the idea of very high burst damage.

If anyone could give me some comparisons and information on how they compare to eachother in PvP that would be much appreciated, thanks :)

As the first reply said, if you're looking for high burst damage, go for an Operative.