Combat Medic Spec

Kipp

OK, so I've reached level 27 as a Commando. I want to spec Combat Medic, but I haven't found a spec that I like yet, or I am taking the skills at the wrong time, wrong order. So I'm asking all out there.

What is your Combat Medic Spec and what order/priority do you put in the Skill points? Can you break it down Like at Level 15 my points are here, 20 here, 25, here, etc. I think any thing more than 5 level intervals would be too much.

Thanks in advance.

A good starting point is something like this.

Depending on how you want to play, I see two main ways to start at 27.

Option 1: Early Muzzle Fluting. This route gives you Muzzle Fluting, Kolto Bomb, and Supercharged Cells right now. With MF, your Charged Bolts are free when you use SCC. So you can build up 30 charges, then burn all your Ammo, pop SCC, and spam CB until right before SCC ends, then drop a KB on yourself for a small heal and 10% DR shield for the next 15s. Or skip the shield and get in an extra CB, depending on incoming damage and necessity.

Option 1 is a high DPS option, and can help you run quests and solo content faster.

Option 2: Pure Medic. This option gets you Field Trauma right now, which is the core synergy of our class. Adv Probe now makes Med Probe cost 1 Ammo, so AP/MP combos cost the same as a regular MP. This is when you really start to shine as a healer in groups, and makes you highly efficient, albeit with a 9s cooldown.

If you take Option 1, your next priority is to work on the CM tree until it matches Option 2. Then take any of the skills (your preference) until you reach the next level up.

On the tier with Trauma Probe, take TP first, then take the two on the left. Psych Aid is optional and should be taken very late if ever.

Take all of Potent Medicine.

Take Bacta Infusion.

If you went with Option 1, either fill out the CM tree as above, or get Trauma Probe, then go for Muzzle Fluting, then come back and finish the CM tree.

Once you are at Muzzle Fluting and have a Bacta Infusion, the last points are up to you. You should certainly take 2 points in Adv Tech in the Gunnery tree, and then either Weapon Calibrations or Psych Aid or whatever fits your style.