SW:TOR--WoW Killer

DadadadaBATMAN

While I love the game and am having a blast playing it, its still way too early to say these type of things...especially when there are many servers with low population issues.

Honestly, the game should not have even been released yet. It needed another month or two of work.

While I love the game and am having a blast playing it, its still way too early to say these type of things...especially when there are many servers with low population issues.

Honestly, the game should not have even been released yet. It needed another month or two of work.

This again?

Yes there are bugs, but to say TOR needed another month or two of work before release is ridiculous. If that is the case, then WOW needed 6 to 12 more months of work before they released in 2004. It still somehow survived.

That's not good news. Always sad to hear about people losing their jobs. The news story also made a note that none of the layoffs were WoW related. Blizzard may be cutting back on other games.

So I'm not seeing the WoW killer angle here.

They said that 90% of the layoffs weren't from any game development departments. The 60 developers fired weren't working on WoW.

The layoffs WERE WoW-related. My friends who were let go yesterday were CSRs for WoW, specifically GMs.

"Approximately 600 employees were part of the layoffs, with Blizzard, "[anticipating] approximately 90% of the affected employees will come from departments not related to game development."

They also specifically noted that the World of Warcraft development team will not be affected, nor will any other development of publishing schedules. "

Edited by DadadadaBATMAN

Hi there,

We ask that threads made in General Discussion center on discussion of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. We have closed this thread as the discussion primarily focuses on other games. Please ensure that topics in General Discussion relate to Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Thanks!