Flashpoint problems

PrestigeWWide

Anyone else have a lot of problems with some of these fp bosses that make you run around? For instance I played the fp last night that has the final boss in the rocket silo and you have to run around to avoid being set on fire. It was a nightmare trying to keep my two friends alive watching their health bars, dealing with the casting times, and trying to get out of the fire!

Maybe it's just me but is there any thing that I can do to make this easier? Can the health bars of players be moved to the center of the screen? Do most of you just do shields or dot heals in that situation? We must have died 3-4 times before we finally got him, the armor repair alone got me po'ed at the whole thing. Granted we ran it with the three of us and I was only 27 but any advice would be helpful.

Anyone else have a lot of problems with some of these fp bosses that make you run around? For instance I played the fp last night that has the final boss in the rocket silo and you have to run around to avoid being set on fire. It was a nightmare trying to keep my two friends alive watching their health bars, dealing with the casting times, and trying to get out of the fire!
This is the central overarching mechanic behind healing in MMOs, and something that you'll have to master eventually. Once you get Conveyance it gets much much easier, as you can speed up your casts significantly. Save casting Rejuvenate and Force Armor for when you have to move so you have something productive to cast while moving, then resume the Deliverance spam when you come to a stop.

Maybe it's just me but is there any thing that I can do to make this easier? Can the health bars of players be moved to the center of the screen?
Yep, go to Preferences > User Interface and scroll down to Operation Frames, and activate the box that says 'Use Operations Frames as Party Frame'. From here you can make it as big or small as you want, and move it anywhere as long as it's unlocked.

Do most of you just do shields or dot heals in that situation? We must have died 3-4 times before we finally got him, the armor repair alone got me po'ed at the whole thing. Granted we ran it with the three of us and I was only 27 but any advice would be helpful.

Yep, that's pretty much exactly what you do. It gets easier with time.

It may benefit you to review your keyboard setup. It may be easier for you to set S as 'Strafe Left', D as 'Move Forward', and F as 'Strafe Right' (since you don't need to use the keyboard to turn left or right and running backwards is a bad habit) and then you can put hotkeys for your skills on QWERT, A and G, 1-5, and make CTRL and Shift versions too.

Alternatively you can buy a mouse with buttons and move your 1-5 keys to your mouse and control your movement with your keyboard. Both of these methods dramatically improve your reaction time healing parties during movement fights.

Edited by Onager