Star Wars Battlefront as a warground

Darkalbino

I walked past an AT TE on Taris and was reminded of the old Star Wars Battlefront days (one of the top 3 Star Wars Series') and then it came to me, like a nail to a hammer... why don't they implement battlefront as a warground..

It seems almost so simple so I imagine the majority of people won't initially like the idea, and I could imagine it becoming very similar to DotA did in WC3 (people dont actually play the game for the strategy aspect, but the MOBA/mod, and the same people would queue only for battlefront and forget the RPG aspect of it) but who says that is a bad thing? Star Wars the old republic is going to be 100% successful the way it is right now, I think it may be nostalgic though to bring back some of that battlefront love.

What do you guys think?

*waves hand*

We don't want your twitch based games here.

Move along.

(Seriously, I loved Battlefront, it kills me that it refuses to run on this PC for reasons unknown, but it just doesn't belong...)

How do you mean it doesn't belong, could you expand?

I think he means in the fact that we have to target units to attack, we can't just spray blaster fire forward and hope to kill things.

Although vehicles and the like would be nice for the odd quest I don't think it would work for this type of MMO. Personally.

Battlefront 2 used to be awesome when it was new, but then everyone left, mostly, all thats left is laggy anti tank people spamming mines everywhere.

It had an awesome concept, the better player becomes a Hero character near the end of the round, EXCEPT, when your team and the enemy is a bunch of rocket people, its easy to die as a jedi. decline and go back to derping plz when the server picks you for the Hero.

Battlefront 2 used to be awesome when it was new, but then everyone left, mostly, all thats left is laggy anti tank people spamming mines everywhere.

It had an awesome concept, the better player becomes a Hero character near the end of the round, EXCEPT, when your team and the enemy is a bunch of rocket people, its easy to die as a jedi. decline and go back to derping plz when the server picks you for the Hero.

Please don't even mention "Mines" i'll start having flashbacks to BFBC2 Vietnam... "No... NO... The mines their coming out of the rivers!!!!!?!?! Argh....."