The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Hello all.

tehsaturn

Since I've been playing for a few days, I figured I'd introduce myself to the community.

Name's Patrick, I've been a fan of KotOR and loved both of those games. When I got word of this game (way back when) I was super excited...even though my computer had caught fire (not joking) and was originally going to be unable to play TOR.

A ginormous Tax Refund changed that. Rebuilt my desktop so it can just get the game going (2gb GT440, Intel Wolfdale 3.2ghz Dual Core, 4gb DDR3 1066mhz)...nothing fancy. I have a really old lcd monitor that only supports up to 1280x1024 rez, so I think I'll be safe, but I went out of my way and lowered EVERYTHING to "low" settings. (Sorry, I get derailed.)

This is my first MMO, and I'm enjoying it (aside from my random lag attacks...getting some ethernet cable to fix that). I have 4 characters right now, all on The Jekk'Jekk Tarr server.

Anyways, I'm glad to be apart of this forum and game, it seems REALLY fun. Met some people, can't wait to meet more (though it feels a little awkward playing with people you don't know, its still fun!).

Greetings Tehsaturn and welcome to the forums!

New Player Help has a great community of people who enjoy helping out others. We have some wonderful resources you might enjoy. There is the New Player Guide and the Online Game Manual to get you started. We also have our handy New Players Fleet Pass: A Directory of Resources which shocases various links that might assist you.

We have several member created guides that might help out, too!

Additionally, depending on what you are interested in and what class you are paying, make sure to check out the various stickied threads in those areas! These are great resources of information, often created by fellow community members.

Hope that helps!