Help me get my PVE sentinel through the lvl 30's hilt,tree,stats???

DelphinHunter

I like my Sentinell Combat but Im now struggling at lvl 32-33 and want to improve.

Ive been researchin al the threads on this issue and making good progress.

However I have a few questions.

Every time I build up my slotted light sabres I get drops that have better stats, so I use those? (I want to use my matching green sabres but cant keep up)

Should I go buy better slotted sabres or mods? where? Or just use the drops as i get them.

Is a good hilt that important if so where do I get one? How do I know its the best I can get? Will it be better than the drops?

I re speced my skill tree from combat to watchman last night but it threw me off, style and rotation wise and didnt seem that much better, I may try it some more, but I may go back and re do the combat tree with a better understanding now? Then decide which works best for me.

There are like 7 base and 7 secondary stats and others? ugh so I redid my slots with the best mods I have. So I have these old slotted pieces with all these low level mods, should I just sell them all, they are bound so not worth much and it costs a fortune to remove mods?

What do you recommend for Priorities for sentinel combat v watchman:

Strength Endurace presence will power (dont need cunning aim?)

Power, acuracy, defence alacrity ,surge absorbtion (dont need tech? )

Armor, force, critical, ( dont need sheild?)

I'm at the point were I may go back and find all the datacrons I missed since I only found a few. Hate to cheat and read the walkthroughs, but now I think I'm willing to do it to get the stats. Is it worth it?

My crew skills suck.

Edited by DelphinHunter

I like my Sentinell Combat but Im now struggling at lvl 32-33 and want to improve.

Ive been researchin al the threads on this issue and making good progress.

However I have a few questions.

Every time I build up my slotted light sabres I get drops that have better stats, so I use those? (I want to use my matching green sabres but cant keep up)

Should I go buy better slotted sabres or mods? where? Or just use the drops as i get them.

Is a good hilt that important if so where do I get one? How do I know its the best I can get? Will it be better than the drops?

I re speced my skill tree from combat to watchman last night but it threw me off, style and rotation wise and didnt seem that much better, I may try it some more, but I may go back and re do the combat tree with a better understanding now? Then decide which works best for me.

There are like 7 base and 7 secondary stats and others? ugh so I redid my slots with the best mods I have. So I have these old slotted pieces with all these low level mods, should I just sell them all, they are bound so not worth much and it costs a fortune to remove mods?

What do you recommend for Priorities for sentinel combat v watchman:

Strength Endurace presence will power (dont need cunning aim?)

Power, acuracy, defence alacrity ,surge absorbtion (dont need tech? )

Armor, force, critical, ( dont need sheild?)

I'm at the point were I may go back and find all the datacrons I missed since I only found a few. Hate to cheat and read the walkthroughs, but now I think I'm willing to do it to get the stats. Is it worth it?

My crew skills suck.

You can buy hilts from the GTN or make them yourself using Artfice. There is a new hilt available to you every 2 levels. You want the blue version (at 35, I think you're looking at Might Hilt 12 or something like that).

A good hilt is kind of important because thats what upgrades the dps value.

Sure you get dps benefits from the crystal mod and enhancement, but the value itself increases when you add the hilt.

Old orange gear with rubbish mods is fairly useless unless you like the appearance, if you like the appearance but don't want to pay to remove the mods just buy mods to match your lvl and put them over the old useless ones.

The old mods will be bound anyway so can only be vendored and so low they aren't any use.

I think Str is the prime stat for sentinels , end is important but not quite as much.

For secondary try crit or power since surge got nerfed, I think right now crit and power scale better.

Edited by Synalon

In regards to the hilt, just use your commendations for your current planet to buy a new one. They only cost 7 for hilts or armouring. If your server is like mine the republic side is quite barren of players compared to the empire meaning the auction will be hit or miss.

Get yourself a set of orange gear and just upgrade it, don't waste commendations on newer fancy looking stuff as you could upgrade 2 pieces to your level for the same price as buying one with them. I only ever buy the better looking stuff if i have spare.

If the hilts etc are too low level on your current planet then just delete all your side quests, do your main quest and move on to the next one.

Edited by Kabaal

Awesome info. Thanks a million, I really appreciate the help.

I went back to Nar shaddar to grind missed quests and bonus quests right now so I'll try and bank some credits and work on my hilts, sell some junk, get my stat priorities right, and get back to kicking some sith butt later. LOL

I think I have lots off Alderaan and Tatooine comedations to use on hilts I'll look tonight. :)

Thanks for the tip haddednt thought to use commedations which planet vendor sells hilts?

Still trying to find a good slotted hoodless medium armor chest slot. LOL

Edited by DelphinHunter

A lot of the times, the hilts you get from comm vendors are of lower level. I know for a fact there's a hilt at level 35, I just forget what number it is. You want the hilts that require level 35. The next ones will be at 37, 39, 41, etc.

OK I think I get it, I just made lvl33 last night so I should get a 33 now and the next one will be one that requires lvl 35 and so on.

Right now I'm so broke I literally couldn't afford the gas to get my ship back to Carrick.

I had to dig through the loose change and junk in between the cracks in the front seat of my defender and sneak back andsell some junk to an imperial med droid to buy fuel to get the hell out of there. lol Dam that Darth Angral bastaige...and his stinking security officer too. :p

Edited by DelphinHunter

Hilts are very important. Upgrade them as often as you can. Being sentinel is why I chose artifice, because relying on the GTN is just pointless. I am able to keep blues and purples for hilts in both my sabers and this makes a huge difference in pvp and pve. With artifice you upgrade all but one slot on your sabers and upgrade kira's as well.

I don't have any Combat tree experience yet, I enjoy Watchman too much, but as far as Watchman goes crit is very important. The more you crit with burns the more you heal. Burns are central to how a Watchman plays. From what I've read of Combat the two are very different so my suggestion is to give it more time if you respec'd to a different tree. Your play style needs a lot of adjustment.

When questing you should almost always chose commendations as your reward. Always save up for the higher level commendations vendor too. Compare how much it would cost to replace an entire piece of gear with the cost of just popping in some new mods, enhancements, etc. when you get a choice of taking 6 Balmorra commendations or 4 Hoth commendations - take the higher level commendations. Especially if you're at or near the level for Hoth. Just as an example. In general you have to plan ahead by one planet. Don't forget to run flashpoints that award the commendations you want. Just keep in mind that if you do pick up artifice and chose to keep things up to date that it can be very expensive. I mitigate some of the resource gathering cost by gathering what I can from the playfield I am in rather than sending my companions out for them. I also try for at least 1 epic hilt for my main hand and I skip 2 or 3 hit levels before I upgrade. The leveling is so fast in this game that I can afford to do that.

If you give Watchman a good long try you will it very beneficial in group pve and pvp. Particularly in pvp if you have a healer nearby to augment those burn heals. Many many times it has been the difference between a wipe in pve and whether or not the objective is saved/defended in pvp.

Edited by StJohnLimbo

OK I think I get it, I just made lvl33 last night so I should get a 33 now and the next one will be one that requires lvl 35 and so on.

Right now I'm so broke I literally couldn't afford the gas to get my ship back to Carrick.

I had to dig through the loose change and junk in between the cracks in the front seat of my defender and sneak back andsell some junk to an imperial med droid to buy fuel to get the hell out of there. lol Dam that Darth Angral bastaige...and his stinking security officer too. :p

You get commendations for completing quests, you can buy all the armour upgrades you need through them... being 'broke has nothing to do with anything unless you waste all your commendations fella. You could gain zero credits and still level while keeping your gear up to date in this game.

Edited by Kabaal

Use the planet commendations for upgraded mods, hilts, armor, etc. Your hilt is your most important piece, because it determines your saber strike damage. Drops are fine to equip when they're an upgrade, but they're 90% greens. I find that Sentinels are very gear dependent and you'll want to use Orange gear with the most current blue mods as much as possible. If you're Synthweaving or Artifice and can afford it, keep your gear current and in blues/purples with that. I love Artifice because I can keep my 2 sabers cutting edge. Plus, I can make some armor upgrade pieces.

I too recently switched from Combat to Watchman and it def takes some getting used to. That said, commit to it. Don't say "we'll see..maybe.." Restack your hotbar and commit to it. It does keep you alive more-so than Combat.

Strength and Endurance. I like Crit > Power.

Forget Willpower, Aim, Cunning, Alacrity...they're rubbish for you.

Stay away from buying gear on the GTN (unless it's Orange) if you can. You'll go broke fast.

Edited by iCanUseTheForce

Thanks more awesome detailed info.

I have artifice, treasure hunting archeology.

I have plans for more hilts and color crystals. but they arent very good or I cant get the raw material for them.

Maybe I need to work on this.

I'm just so so sick of seeing stuff in the field that it says "You can't pick this up because you suck" :mad:

Edited by DelphinHunter

Thanks more awesome detailed info.

I have artifice, treasure hunting archeology.

I have plans for more hilts and color crystals. but they arent very good or I cant get the raw material for them.

Maybe I need to work on this.

I'm just so so sick of seeing stuff in the field that it says "You can't pick this up because you suck" :mad:

I've found that I often don't have the mats to level my artifice as fast as I'd like to. Having said that, I've never run into a node I can't gather from. If that's happening to you I'm guessing you're doing your main storyline quests and skipping a lot of side quests (where you would run into more nodes and get more commendations).