Some noobie questions

cozzysa

Hi guys and gals,

I'm a level 23 sentinel and was wondering what end game gear is better.. Is pvp gear better than pve gear eg. flash point and operation gear? Also... I want to start pvp'ing but I'm worried that if I join war zones now, I'll get stopped by level 50 guys... Should I level to a certain point and then start pvp'ing??

Thanks in advance

You can join PvP warzones no problem. your fear is level 50's? BioWare solved that for you, they are in their own bracket by themselves. Republic would love to have you in warzones, in most cases they are outmatched and outnumbered anyway. Check the sig for my opinion.

The best gear for PvP is a mix, but mostly PvP items. Read up on the forums and you'll see lots of discussions on the topic. With regard to not PvPing till level 50 because you'll get rolled... there is a separate bracket for level 50s. 10-49 players are "bolstered" so that their stats are equal. Of course, higher level players have more skills, but it's pretty competitive.

Jump on in the pvp is fine. The sooner you start running WZ the faster you get "bags".

You purchase "bags" from the pvp weapons guy on fleet or in the WZ themselves. The "bags" give you champion and centurion coin these allow you to buy pvp gear.

So far I think the pvp gear is meh... I've just been taking out the mods with expertise on them and adding them to my gear that's much nicer from pve.

That may change as I get asccess to more battlemasters although... honestly Im not impressed with the gear stats and outside of the expertise ...

/shrug

WZ are bad when you first hit 50. Make sure to use all your abilities as your damage will be about 1/3 what your used to at first. Stay with people and help them... it's the best you can do. In a day or so you should have +100 or so expertise.

O this was a pre 50 question...?

confuzzled...

Edited by VoidJustice

pre 50 pvp is a carnival of funtime. (just do it)

enjoy! I miss it... so sad turning 50 and watching 2/3 your damage fall off into oblivion.

I also miss pvp'ing with my <50 buddies...

the level 50 bracket however is def more challenging thou... can't really slack off and whip peeps stooopid anymore lol.

Edited by VoidJustice